[Trainer] Repair Laser [X3TC 2.7.1 Only] [Tested with XP SP3]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Confusion-System
xr

[Trainer] Repair Laser [X3TC 2.7.1 Only] [Tested with XP SP3]

Post by Confusion-System » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 08:43

Hiii people of the X Universe!

I come to you with a small trainer that speeds up the repairing process of the Repair laser, so you can heal your M1's and M2's (And The Aran for those lucky people who caught it) In mere seconds.

However, the trainer may cause problems if you leave it on! Because it makes it so that all lasers in the game do only positive damage to the hull and not negative (This can crash your game!) So Make sure to turn it OFF after repair.

Read below for instructions and I hope you enjoy this trainer, as I cant be bothered wasting electricity leaving my PC on SETA to repair something big. Download this trainer ONLY if you are interested. :)

TO USE THE TRAINER FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS:

Step 1:
Approach your OWNED DAMAGED Ship/Station in your space suit.

Step2:
Activate Trainer by hitting F12 (You'll know that the trainer was activated when you hear the Beep!)

Step3:
Shoot your repair laser at your Ship/Station and watch it heal in seconds.

AFTER REPAIR IS COMPLETE TURN ---OFF--- TRAINER BY PRESSING F12 AGAIN OR ELSE SIDE EFFECTS WILL OCCUR!!

SIDE EFFECTS:
The trainer makes it that ALL LASER/WEAPONS/DAMAGE DEALT DIRECTLY TO THE HULL BY ANY MEANS SUCH AS COLLIDING WITH OBJECTS WHILE SHIELDS ARE DEPLETED WILL SEND THE HULL WAY BEYOND 100%

Also if you SHOOT at exposed hull of ANY ship (AI / your owned) The hull will only increase instead of decreasing! This is obviously bad in combat!

Side effect 2:
If you activate trainer and shoot at your hull exposed ship with offensive SHIP lasers/Missiles(IRE's..HEPTS...MISSILES...) It will continue to increase your ship's hull (or that of any ship's hull that your firing at be it AI or your owned ship) it will continue to increase the hull way beyond 100% If you keep doing this to an insane level, Game crash may occur.

But unless you only use your repair laser to heal, you will be perfectly allright.

REMINDER:
DEACTIVATE TRAINER BY PRESSING F12 AGAIN! DO NOT FORGET AND LEAVE IT ON!

[ external image ]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
My Damaged Aran, Hit F12 and approach it in your Spacesuit and Laser that sucka

[ external image ]

Laser it and watch it Repair

[ external image ]

If you shoot your ship with your offensive lasers, it will cause it to heal beyond 100% and you may not be able to deal any damage to enemies. So MAKE SURE YOU TURN IT OFF!

Any way folkes, enjoy!

DOWNLOAD:
http://hotfile.com/dl/74575643/1e279d2/ ... 1.zip.html

Please Notify me if link is dead!

-CS

EDIT: Made only using XP SP3 32bit, I cant guarantee it functioning correctly under other OS's.
Last edited by Confusion-System on Fri, 8. Oct 10, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 10:08

I think there are a few other scripts/mods which help with repairing if you don't like the vanilla method. This should probably be over in the S&M forum (and those images are huge! When posting pics in the threads, the rules request you use a smaller size and link to the full pics....).

But, you may find some takers for this, since (as you suggest) using the SETA repair method is still slow and a waste of electricity...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Confusion-System
xr

Post by Confusion-System » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 11:13

Oh yeah, sorry mate, Im not a regular poster, infact I think I have grown a coupla inches tall since I ever last posted.. so sorry about the huge images, shoulda used the thumbs.

And um the point of this Trainer is, to avoid ***modified*** tag. Just for something very simple such as repairing, which I think, well, doesnt ruin the game in its challenge.

So yeah, thx for taking the time to read this.

Cheers

-CS

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 12:20

Well, it'll be up to the mods to decide where it belongs, but I suspect no **modified** tag will peak some peoples interest :D

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 12:39

How can something that so drastically changes the mechanics of the game not cause a modified tag? :o

Confusion-System
xr

Post by Confusion-System » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 12:53

Infekted wrote:How can something that so drastically changes the mechanics of the game not cause a modified tag? :o
Hey Infekted, is that a question to me?
If so, the reason being, that this is a trainer. A trainer modifies active memory working in RAM.

Scripts are extensions of the game and has to be unlocked via script editors for it to work. Hence you get modified

However, scripts are capable of more complex things, while a trainer can only do basic things working in ur RAM.

Hope this didnt confuse you, cuz my GF slapped me when I try explaining computer things to her...

I still got the slap mark...

perkint wrote:Well, it'll be up to the mods to decide where it belongs, but I suspect no **modified** tag will peak some peoples interest :D

Tim
Well Tim, i am a hardcore Vanilla believer of the X games, I do things the hard way. And believe me the game is hard enough already, well to me it is. But ONE thing i cant live with is your pee shooter of a repair laser and im ALWAYS being abused by the Kha'aks and Xenons so my ships are always in bad state, plus im a poor bastard to be able to go around healing my ships (I read somewhere, if ur hull's being breached, than your not flying the right ship). So I made only ONE change. I love X all over again now that I dont have to wait eons for repairs...

-CS

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 13:00

Hmmm well I wasn't really asking technically how it did it...

I was asking how you can justify something so powerful not resulting in modified... Its pretty much akin to cheating :s

Confusion-System
xr

Post by Confusion-System » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 13:08

Infekted wrote:Hmmm well I wasn't really asking technically how it did it...

I was asking how you can justify something so powerful not resulting in modified... Its pretty much akin to cheating :s
Please, no aggression about cheating/game balance and what not.

O have read SOOO many of such debate already and spent alota time in apricotslices's website reading about the matter of this subject.

It's cheating if you think it's cheating.

But for me, I just have *some* level of insurance when my ships are badly damaged. My Capitals are always in bad shape due to my poor tactics of deployment of them, plus I use a computer that is under the recommended requirements to run this game, so in battles my FPS drops to 5 FPS.. no joke.. So I need this and decided to share it with people if they too, cant be bothered waiting for repairs, but still abide majority of the games rules.

Cheers

-CS

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 13:55

I apologise if my reply came over as aggressive.. It was really not my intention.

It just concerns me.. Not directly as I do not play vanilla. I am proud of my modified tag. But the modified tag is there for a reason.
Those people that have uploaded their stats have done so without insta-healing their ships...
I have no problem with the functions of this thing, I just think it should be in S&M and give the modified tag.

Also, I have spent a LOT of quality time with the repair laser.. Most of my early empires are funded by capping M2/1s and manually repairing them to sell... I dont mind the process at all.

Confusion-System
xr

Post by Confusion-System » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 14:12

Yea, I know what you mean, ALL of my game acquisitions are through sweat and tears (Sweat being my bad personal hygiene on those hot nights trying to cap that Yaki Ryu..and tears being, yet another mass death of my marines failed to board it)

And I seriously dont have the patience in healing my ships, it becomes very mind numbing for me to be honest. I see where your coming from, but it isnt an uber cheat thats getting me everything in the game with a press of a button, I just cant stand the repair laser's power.

If you see my stats, im not the best X player and im always under the mercy of the universe...

And thanks very much for your input though..

BTW, have you tried this out yet? Can you confirm if its working if you did?

Cuz my concern is, most ppl are moving away from XP and im a XP user...

So anyway, if you want..

Thanks again.

-CS

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 14:18

Oh I can totally understand not wanting to manually do it lol.. When I say I spent a lot of quality time with a repair laser, I really meant putting a weight on control and going away and reading a book or something :D

I have not tested it myself.. Primarily due to the fact that if I wanted to achieve this I would go to the S&M forum and use a script.
There's ones that add the repair laser to be bought. So you can have dedicated "repair" ships.. Funnily enough the Vidar is awesome for this. 10 forward mounted repair lasers soon sort anything out.
And there's another that allows your marines to repair any ship they are on or any ship in the docking bay based on their engineering skill.
Etc etc.

Confusion-System
xr

Post by Confusion-System » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 14:31

Infekted wrote:Oh I can totally understand not wanting to manually do it lol.. When I say I spent a lot of quality time with a repair laser, I really meant putting a weight on control and going away and reading a book or something :D
I used to do that, but I now no longer have the time for the PC to be left running, plus Im the one whos paying the bills lol PLUS I think the game degrades your rank if you leave game unattended.... So this is bad for me

And yes, I am aware of those mods, but as I said before, I religiously dont want the **mod** tag, but this ONE thing in the Vanilla game tht bugs me, the waiting game for manual repair...EVEN if im lucky enough to cap that Q, I dont want a LOONG time to manual repair, (thats IF i even cap'ed the Q) Thats why I dont want to have a *mod* for ONE thing. Like I said, others, such as your self will view this as a cheat im sure.. but, im hoping to appeal to those groupe of players that would love the free function of speed repair.

But otherwise, everything in the game is fine for me.. Lag issue, but thats my low end PC..

Anyway, it would be awesome if you can test this out for me, since your the only one peaking interest. But yeah, no stress, if you want.

Thanks again

-CS

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 14:36

Well for starters I am at work atm so not in the position to try untill later xD

And secondly I am also on XP atm, so not sure if me testing would be much help?

Confusion-System
xr

Post by Confusion-System » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 14:42

Infekted wrote:I am also on XP atm, so not sure if me testing would be much help?
Ah well if it worked on a computer other then mine, ie. worked on your XP. Then it would confirm that this thing atleast works on other ppl's computer.

But feel free to try when ever. If ever

So yeah, stop cheating on your work with X forums!

I hear the Work can be the jealous type!

-CS

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”