[Trainer] Repair Laser [X3TC 2.7.1 Only] [Tested with XP SP3]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Confusion-System
xr

[Trainer] Repair Laser [X3TC 2.7.1 Only] [Tested with XP SP3]

Post by Confusion-System » Fri, 8. Oct 10, 11:21

Hiii people of the X Universe!

I come to you with a small trainer that speeds up the repairing process of the Repair laser, so you can heal your M1's and M2's (And The Aran for those lucky people who caught it) In mere seconds.

However, the trainer may cause problems if you leave it on! Because it makes it so that all lasers in the game do only positive damage to the hull and not negative (This can crash your game!) So Make sure to turn it OFF after repair.

Read below for instructions and I hope you enjoy this trainer, as I cant be bothered wasting electricity leaving my PC on SETA to repair something big. Download this trainer ONLY if you are interested. :)

The point of this Trainer is so that you can have a fast repair without the use of scripts which gives you **modified** tag. I didnt want to install scripts and get ***modified*** for something that is not very important.

TO USE THE TRAINER FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS:

Step 1:
Approach your OWNED DAMAGED Ship/Station in your space suit.

Step2:
Activate Trainer by hitting F12 (You'll know that the trainer was activated when you hear the Beep!)

Step3:
Shoot your repair laser at your Ship/Station and watch it heal in seconds.

AFTER REPAIR IS COMPLETE TURN ---OFF--- TRAINER BY PRESSING F12 AGAIN OR ELSE SIDE EFFECTS WILL OCCUR!!

SIDE EFFECTS:
The trainer makes it that ALL LASER/WEAPONS/DAMAGE DEALT DIRECTLY TO THE HULL BY ANY MEANS SUCH AS COLLIDING WITH OBJECTS WHILE SHIELDS ARE DEPLETED WILL SEND THE HULL WAY BEYOND 100%

Also if you SHOOT at exposed hull of ANY ship (AI / your owned) The hull will only increase instead of decreasing! This is obviously bad in combat!

Side effect 2:
If you activate trainer and shoot at your hull exposed ship with offensive SHIP lasers/Missiles(IRE's..HEPTS...MISSILES...) It will continue to increase your ship's hull (or that of any ship's hull that your firing at be it AI or your owned ship) it will continue to increase the hull way beyond 100% If you keep doing this to an insane level, Game crash may occur.

But unless you only use your repair laser to heal, you will be perfectly allright.

REMINDER:
DEACTIVATE TRAINER BY PRESSING F12 AGAIN! DO NOT FORGET AND LEAVE IT ON!

[ external image ]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
My Damaged Aran, Hit F12 and approach it in your Spacesuit and Laser that sucka

[ external image ]

Laser it and watch it Repair

[ external image ]

If you shoot your ship with your offensive lasers, it will cause it to heal beyond 100% and you may not be able to deal any damage to enemies. So MAKE SURE YOU TURN IT OFF!

Any way folkes, enjoy!

DOWNLOAD:
http://hotfile.com/dl/74575643/1e279d2/ ... 1.zip.html

Please Notify me if link is dead!

-CS

EDIT: Made only using XP SP3 32bit, I cant guarantee it functioning correctly under other OS's.

Alex Corvis
x4

Re: [Trainer] Repair Laser [X3TC 2.7.1 Only] [Tested with XP SP3]

Post by Alex Corvis » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 14:39

Interesting, I think I'll try it. Just one thing:
Confusion-System wrote:Step 1: Approach your OWNED DAMAGED Ship/Station in your space suit.
So it won't work with other ships like an aran before you own it?

A. Corvis

Confusion-System
xr

Post by Confusion-System » Mon, 11. Oct 10, 02:53

YES!
I forgot to mention, if you use this in conjunction with an Uncapped Aran (or ANY unowned ship), it will heal it to 100% b4 u send your marines so thy dont have to stress taking over a ship with a hull integrity of almost nothing, so fire upon the uncapped aran for a good few seconds to fill up the hull to 100% (as u cant target it 1st u cant see progress, but it is happening) thn go for the cap :)

Also this thing still works on 3.0 i've tested it.

Thx for showing interest!

-CS

Borsek
x3tc

Post by Borsek » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 20:03

Or you could do what I did and edit Tbullets and increase the repair laser's negative damage by 10k or more... no need for a trainer, but GJ anyway.

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 20:51

Yeah, I could do that. But in fact I already have a repair ship of M3 class. Usually I repair my own an capped ships with its 8 rep lasers. That is imho not too imbalanced. But to get an Aran by using bad marines that is not enough. So I will try this trainer. I just need to find an Aran now :D .

A. Corvis

Blips

Post by Blips » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 21:39

Alex Corvis wrote:Yeah, I could do that. But in fact I already have a repair ship of M3 class. Usually I repair my own an capped ships with its 8 rep lasers. That is imho not too imbalanced. But to get an Aran by using bad marines that is not enough. So I will try this trainer. I just need to find an Aran now :D .

A. Corvis
This is probably taking the thread way off topic, but where the hell can I buy some repair lasers? I've searched everywhere :evil:

I actually went and modified the repair laser like Borsek said, changing the hull damage from 20 to 500, but my personal repair laser is still terribly underpowered.

Edit: n/m, found out that the bullet value was being overridden by another cat.
Last edited by Blips on Tue, 12. Oct 10, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 21:54

@Confusion-System:
Great tool. Tested it a few moments ago at my first Aran in this game and it worked the way it should. No more repairing an Aran for hours.

@Blips:
They are not available at any fab (except your space suit).

A. Corvis

Borsek
x3tc

Post by Borsek » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 22:07

Yeh... I modded the value of R.Laser to 1k and made the firing speed 10x higher, repairs an m6 in under a minute (or I can't be arsed and I use cycrow's script).

Before I knew of cycrow's cheat pack I just made my own shield/hull restore scripts, which I had to run through the editor... but then again they ran on any ship (even on enemies :))

You can add repair lasers to your ship/to docks through scripting, or you can use cycrow's cheat script to make your life easier.

The only use I see for this trainer is to fool the game into thinking you can do that in an unmodded game, which is extra cheating IMHO. Then again, I like to be god of my own little universe, so I never play unmodded (played x3r unmodded, then I learned a bit of scripting, now I have my own mod)

P.S.: I do not have any backup files and I edit the official cat files, so what I'm doing is quite unhealthy for my savegames XD

Enough derailing, carry on!

Confusion-System
xr

Post by Confusion-System » Sun, 17. Oct 10, 09:45

Alex Corvis wrote:@Confusion-System:
Great tool. Tested it a few moments ago at my first Aran in this game and it worked the way it should. No more repairing an Aran for hours.

A. Corvis
Ahh good im glad it worked! Enjoy that :)

@Borsek

(Quoted: The only use I see for this trainer is to fool the game into thinking you can do that in an unmodded game, which is extra cheating IMHO)

Thats true, I wanted smooth vanilla, and I dont think it breaks the game *too* badly. I just can not be arsed waiting. I mean if there was a feature in the game that lets you buy ecells for a device for example, tht can be connected to the ship and leave it to heal over time, using up those ecells, then it wud have been somewhat of a greater game design. But sitting there in space with ur wee RLaser running outta Oxy. Nah not my cup of anything..

-CS

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”