How can I prevent this stupid SETA to continuously break?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WhyCannaeYouDo

How can I prevent this stupid SETA to continuously break?

Post by WhyCannaeYouDo » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 13:52

I'd like to break SETA ONLY if I explicitly press 'j', any way to do that?

xavierd

Post by xavierd » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 14:07

Get away from anything that can scan, comm, or fly too close to you, park up and hit seta. Then go stand on the other side of the room.

amtct
x3ap

Re: How can I prevent this stupid SETA to continuously break?

Post by amtct » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 14:08

WhyCannaeYouDo wrote:I'd like to break SETA ONLY if I explicitly press 'j', any way to do that?
Yes.
Move your ship in an empty sector and stop your engines .

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 16:40

Actually, its a good thing that SETA breaks off with the slighest of movements or it can turn horrible.

WhyCannaeYouDo

Post by WhyCannaeYouDo » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 23:51

No, you misunderstood. I don't want the time to pass idly. I want SETA to be permanently active until I PERSONALLY turn it off. I don't want events in game stopping it.

Any workaround?

Catra

Post by Catra » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 23:57

WhyCannaeYouDo wrote:No, you misunderstood. I don't want the time to pass idly. I want SETA to be permanently active until I PERSONALLY turn it off. I don't want events in game stopping it.

Any workaround?
read the first 2 replies.....

Derkylos
x3tc

Post by Derkylos » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 00:51

If you want to fly halfway across the universe in SETA, your ship can maneuver whilst in autopilot. Only player input direction changes will cancel SETA. Note, I am in no way endorsing SETA+autopillock (unless you're in a Kestrel with afterburner :P )
Sum, ergo cogito.

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 01:04

Derkylos wrote:If you want to fly halfway across the universe in SETA, your ship can maneuver whilst in autopilot. Only player input direction changes will cancel SETA. Note, I am in no way endorsing SETA+autopillock (unless you're in a Kestrel with afterburner :P )
SETA disengages when you exit the gate. :P

RoadRunner12
x3tc

Post by RoadRunner12 » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 05:17

WhyCannaeYouDo wrote:No, you misunderstood. I don't want the time to pass idly. I want SETA to be permanently active until I PERSONALLY turn it off. I don't want events in game stopping it.

Any workaround?
Not without mods. SETA always disables when you do pretty much anything apart from fly in a straight line without touching the keyboard. This is by design. Check the scripts and modding section of the forums if you don't mind getting a *modified* tag on your save. I'm sure there will be something there that changes this behaviour.

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 05:17

xavierd wrote:Get away from anything that can scan, comm, or fly too close to you, park up and hit seta. Then go stand on the other side of the room.
^ this

and for some reason space flies will knock off your seta :)

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 05:22

The auto-disengage is a safety feature so you don't career into asteroids, stations, gates or other ships while time is being compressed. Try flying autopilot in SETA x10 through Ore Belt and you'll see what I mean.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 05:38

cj-spartacus wrote:The auto-disengage is a safety feature so you don't career into asteroids, stations, gates or other ships while time is being compressed. Try flying autopilot in SETA x10 through Ore Belt and you'll see what I mean.
so, i'm not the only one to save, tell auto pillock to fly me through then close my eyes and wait for "Now entering sector Home of Light"?

It's not that i'm afraid i'll crash, it just hurts to watch it flip around like that. And yeah my SETA's allways at 10x, may as well go the mile heh

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”