[MD-Script] RSM - Random Sectors Management 1.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kevch1234
xr

Post by kevch1234 » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 14:22

I dont suppose anyone has a working download link for Korpus's fix do they?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 14:47

Download this: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 81#4323081

and then change the sectors block according to pasted code in:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 86#4415686
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Sectors not showing on map

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 15:17

firefightervf06 wrote:Hi, I was able to manually install this and have found five sectors so far but am having the issue with them showing up in the map even after exploring them. Makes it a pain to send a ship to "map sector" when I can't select it. I did as posted and put the objects folder into the original TC folder and no change. Does it go in a certain location there? Thanks for all the help!
Sorry for the late reply, if sectors are not showing then you are having an issue with the 00749.bod. It may be that you are running a mod that is overirding it, make sure it is set so its the highest priority.

Priorities are iirc mod, loose files, cat/dat

MFG

Ketraar

kevch1234
xr

Post by kevch1234 » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 20:25

vukica wrote:Download this: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 81#4323081

and then change the sectors block according to pasted code in:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 86#4415686
Many thanks

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Re: Sectors not showing on map

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Fri, 26. Jan 18, 06:41

Ketraar wrote:Sorry for the late reply, if sectors are not showing then you are having an issue with the 00749.bod. It may be that you are running a mod that is overirding it, make sure it is set so its the highest priority.

Priorities are iirc mod, loose files, cat/dat

MFG

Ketraar
I don't understand this priority list. What order is it in? What does 'mod' mean here?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 26. Jan 18, 10:15

The official installation method for mods is putting them (the cat/dat pair) into the "mods" folder of your X3TC main directory (or into the addon\mods folder for X3AP; usually doesn't exist, has to be created first). If you do this, you can select the mod package from the game starter. This, however, only works for one mod at a time, which is why installation instructions for most mods suggest the fake patch method instead. (Dropping the cat/dat pair into the X3TC main or addon folder and renaming it accordingly to maintain a numbered sequence with the other cat/dat pairs, whereby files from higher numbered catalogs overwrite those from lower ones.) The loose file methods means that you don't put the file into a catalog, but into the game folder instead, whereby you have to maintain the folder structure from within the catalog. If I'm not mistaken, the mentioned bod file is locate in objects/cut, thus would have to be placed in "<game folder>\objects\cut" to be picked up by the game.

The priority list Ketraar posted goes from highest priority to lowest. So if, for example, you would have said bod file as a loose file in the gamefolder it would overwrite any equally named bod file from the cat/dat pairs in the gamefolder.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”