[TC] Why must I flee towards the Tyrs with my guns blazing!!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

silentWitness
x3tc

Why must I flee towards the Tyrs with my guns blazing!!!

Post by silentWitness » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 03:37

Ok so because the game crashes when you actually flee... I'm left with the prospect of blowing them up and wrecking my perfect 'Hero of Terra' rating!

It's very simple to blow them up... A few Shadow missiles and they no longer exist... along with my standing with the terrans...

So apart from capturing them or 'fleeing with my guns blazing' (destroying)... when else to destroy these beasts... I'm considering tractoring a factory as a demolition ball but otherwise I've simply got to wait to do this mission... I had hoped to see Tyr/Xenon action in a core sector but no such luck...

Paladin-Solo

Post by Paladin-Solo » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 03:40

Get in a fast ship, fly through a gate and then just turn around, and go back through, onces you come back through they jump out and game doesn't freeze.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 03:44

Ah! Perfect! not Xenon but Atleast the mission is complete!

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 03:46

Or if you can, use the jumping bomber trick. I have no idea if you can make it work since I have just restarted a game, and have yet to see one bit of BoP.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

The-Gizmo
x3tc

Post by The-Gizmo » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 04:22

Jumping to the unfocused jumpdrive sector also works without crashing for some reason. I assume they are lost in the void of space and can't get back when you "Return to the known universe". Or they probably just cease to exist like everything else in the unfocused jumpdrive sector when you leave it. Which probably ends up being the same thing as destroying them, except without the rep loss.

It's too bad the game freezes though, I was going to take them for a nice trip in a Xenon core sector. Either that or the Kha'ak core sector.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 06:11

What can I say? Thanks EGO for the continued support. BOOO EGO for the horrible implementation and proper debugging of this new content.

I mean it is one thing to give us extra stuff to do (horray!) and another to give us more stuff to do that breaks the game because it is filled to the brim with bugs and unbalanced gameplay...

I mean seriously, those little ships (atf fighters) never want to bail and on top of that if you decide to board and capture the Tyrs instead then you break the mission.... :o

Are you serious? This is what passes in the gaming community?

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

Post by BeidAmmikon » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 11:14

There's no Balance whatsoever when the Frustration Factor kicks in. :(
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against Principalities, against Powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 16:47

Twest09 wrote:What can I say? Thanks EGO for the continued support. BOOO EGO for the horrible implementation and proper debugging of this new content.

I mean it is one thing to give us extra stuff to do (horray!) and another to give us more stuff to do that breaks the game because it is filled to the brim with bugs and unbalanced gameplay...

I mean seriously, those little ships (atf fighters) never want to bail and on top of that if you decide to board and capture the Tyrs instead then you break the mission.... :o

Are you serious? This is what passes in the gaming community?
You can always help with the beta testing, just by filling out the L3 section of your profile.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 18:16

I wonder if any of the complainers are level 3 beta testers or above.

There is a fix for this mission being worked on atm.
As of now the mission IS do-able with various work-a-rounds.

You can also just wait for the fix.

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 19:04

May I ask what exactly is the bug in question please? I'd like to document it in my Walkthrough so that players following that don't fall into the trap.

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 21:42

The game freezes ( or crashes ? ) if you just flee the sector .

I think it is when the ships follow you through the next gate.

That is probably why the UJD trick works.They don't go through a gate.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 21:47

TTD wrote:I wonder if any of the complainers are level 3 beta testers or above.
:mrgreen:

The-Gizmo
x3tc

Post by The-Gizmo » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 23:02

If you use your jump drive to jump to another known sector, they also appear a few seconds later in that sector in random positions (I guess the Terrans finally mastered the gateless jump drive?), but the game seems to go into an infinite loop when you see the flash of the Tyr ships, maybe when a script is enabled and run for them.

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Mon, 11. Oct 10, 03:47

Thanks, I'll update the walkthrough to tell people not to try it.

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Mon, 11. Oct 10, 19:36

TTD wrote:I wonder if any of the complainers are level 3 beta testers or above.
I see what you're saying and it's a fair point. But I would have very much liked to
have played through a single plot, just once, without any prior knowledge or spoilers or walkthroughs.

Sadly, not this time. I even thought my graphics card had gone pop with
the manner in which the game froze, and substituted another I had knocking around. I was that determined to avoid the forums. Never mind. Maybe next time.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 11. Oct 10, 21:58

@ TBV

Yes,I understand what you are saying.
Perhaps a warning from Egosoft would have been better,but as you know by now,this bug is being worked on. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”