SETA won't work in X3 Reunion

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Jasiks

SETA won't work in X3 Reunion

Post by Jasiks » Mon, 11. Oct 10, 00:31

My SETA wont work in X3 Reunion. I installed it from the X-Superbox disc.
I have installed it twice with the same result, just the program itself without any addons.I would appreciate a little help here to help me solve the problem. :(

Fanchen
x4

Post by Fanchen » Mon, 11. Oct 10, 00:54

What exactly happens when you press "j"? are you sure the key is mapped for SETA? Do you have SETA equipped?

Jasiks

SETA wont work in X3 Reunion

Post by Jasiks » Mon, 11. Oct 10, 06:08

I choose thr bankrupt assasin start, and have the SETA installed in the Mamba. Before I press J to engage the SETA I make sure I am well clear of stations, and asteroids. All I get is a roaring sound when I press J, it's very frustrating. Last but not least thank-you for your kindness and consideration. :)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 11. Oct 10, 10:21

It's hard to tell as you've not provided any of the information requested in the very first thread in this forum, but at a guess you are suffering from the problem described in this FAQ entry.

Jasiks

Re SETA not working!!!

Post by Jasiks » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 07:06

Re the SETA problem, I have an X-52 joystick, and when I unplug it the SETA work no bother. Heartfelt thanks to everyone who advised me about this problem. :)

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 08:55

EDIT: Scrub that, just realised your last post says it's fixed with the removal of the JS, misread it.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Jasiks

Fixed SETA Problem

Post by Jasiks » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 22:52

I wrote - ignorejoy 12 in Target in icon properties. I then downloaded the drivers and software for the Saitek X-52 from the Saitek website, and away my SETA went. This works for me, however I cannot say it is a Universal fix for everyone!!!

WingC3
x4

Resolving issue with Steam version?

Post by WingC3 » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 20:44

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have a Saitek X45 with buttons 9 and 12 that are switches. The steam version does not use a shortcut like the one you mention, thus how can I make the modification to ignore those buttons?

thanks.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 20:59

You can use start options like the one explained in the FAQ article linked above with Steam games too. Therefor right click on the game in the Steam client and choose Properties. On the General tab click on the Launch Options button. Type the start parameter into the box there and click on OK. Afterwards close the Properties screen and launch the game.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”