Adding existing cockpits to other ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Fidelias
x3tc

Adding existing cockpits to other ships

Post by Fidelias » Mon, 11. Oct 10, 20:11

Hello there, I'm not really good at modding(since I've never done it) but is there any way that I could use already existing cockpits from cockpitmods and putting them on ships that the cockpits aren't on already? What I mean is mixing and matching so that all of my ships have cockpits even the ones I got after the cockpit mod. I am using ShawnsCockpitMod v 1.5 and it won't cover the Star Destroyer and other ships that I just downloaded.

Note: I will not be releasing anything I mod and, if I do, all credit will be given to the original modder.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 11. Oct 10, 20:40

it is just a simple change of a path in the tships file, using doubleshadow's x3 editor 2. Can be done easily.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Fidelias
x3tc

Post by Fidelias » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 03:52

Thanks! I just downloaded it.

Sorry, I don't mean to keep bothering you, but do you know any modding for dummies on here that could walk me through this?

joedawson
x3

Post by joedawson » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 15:18

I might be doing some of this when i get home tonight. Ill post a tutorial, as I will probably have to figure it out myself as I haven't played the game in awhile (3.0 is my motivation)

Fidelias
x3tc

Post by Fidelias » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 16:34

Thanks! Because I have NO IDEA where to start. I've tried looking at the tutorial stuff but so far it isn't going well... But I'll keep trying.

urbanfreak

Post by urbanfreak » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 16:01

First.. it pays to know which ships you want to copy the cockpits from and to..

1. Run your X3 editor...

2. The toughest part... finding the highest TShips file in the patches or fake patches.. it makes the whole process faster if you'd assign cats and dats to the X3 editor. Open in decending order of .cats .. They are in your main game directory....
If your game is unmodified, it's in 03.cat.. at the root of the 03.cat you should see a folder named "types".
Open it and you'll see all the txt files that run the game.. look for TShips.pck... and open with T File editor.

3. From here on, it's all intuitive.. go to the ship you want the cockpit from.. "model tab" - "cockpit scene"

4. Copy the entry in "cockpit scene" and paste it in the ship you want to copy to.

5. Save TShips and Run the game...... You may want to make a backup of it beforehand.

:)

EDIT: if you're stuck any point in time... do a double click on it...
[ external image ][ external image ]
If you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?

Fidelias
x3tc

Post by Fidelias » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 20:38

Thanks a lot! That was really helpful!!

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 05:24

Also you can use cockpits the same way in the turrets. I use this cocKpit mod.
http://www.its-schiffswerft.homepage.t- ... glish.html

It has the cockpits for the larger ships and special ones for the boron ships. I use the terran M8 cockpit for gun turrets on my carriers and xenon m5 turrets for the rear turrets on my m3's. I use Cadius's ship pack and those M8 cockpits give you a really cool view looking down the length of the ship as those big guns fire.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”