[TC] Capping Kha'ak ships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kantall
x4

Capping Kha'ak ships

Post by Kantall » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 03:10

I've been having some difficulty capturing Kha'ak ships, not having a single one bail so far. I figure it's obviously one of three things but I've no idea what and would really appreciate some input.

Either they have high morale and I need to keep persisting

I've been killing them too fast or have been simply unlucky

They cannot bail

Any help on this would be most appreciated, Kha'ak Fighter is by far my favourite fighter and I'm itching to get back in it's cockpit

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Capping Kha'ak ships

Post by Nanook » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 03:14

Kantall wrote:....
Either they have high morale and I need to keep persisting...
Mostly this, but also luck. Morale is a modifier of the Random Number Generator (i.e., luck), so you just have to be persistent, and lucky. :mrgreen:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Kantall
x4

Post by Kantall » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 03:16

Thanks, I'm so relieved it's going to be possible to cap one (Or, the several I'll need to get enough Kyon Emitters to arm it)

Luckily there's more than enough Kha'ak out there so as to ensure I'll never be in short supply. Just need to find a better capping setup than my current "Use HEPTs and hope I don't overdo it"

rpetiger
x3tc

Post by rpetiger » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 04:02

I have never succeeded in capping a Kha'ak. I tried before with marines, but that doesn't work.

The-Gizmo
x3tc

Post by The-Gizmo » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 04:12

If you're trying to cap Kha'ak fighters in their own sectors, don't, it most likely won't work. A while back I was trying to do that for weeks, killing hundreds upon hundreds (maybe more) of fighters, not a single one ever bailed. Then I see a lone Kha'ak roaming a commonwealth sector, and what do you know? He bails first thing, then I saw an interceptor in another commonwealth sector and it bails first thing as well. So don't try their own sectors, look for them in the commonwealth sectors. They seem to have very different morales.

If not, then I guess I got lucky, twice, or the Kha'ak being all alone made him a little sad or something.

Naroku
x3tc

Post by Naroku » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 04:52

Would love to get a M6 Kha'ak corvette. To bad it not possible.
Walk softly and carry a big gun.

Sharewokki
x3tc

Post by Sharewokki » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 07:25

I've had a couple of Kha'ak Fighters bail in their own sectors, using a Shrike armed with flaks. A Fighter can take a couple of hits from a flak and since they instantly turn neutral when they bail, the turret won't accidentally destroy it. Of course, this tactic won't work with the fragile Interceptors and Scouts.

Now, salvaging the disabled ship is a whole lot different matter with more Kha'ak constantly spawning around and the fighter being too big to even fit in the Shrike's docking bay. :roll:

garv222

Post by garv222 » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 08:34

I can't confirm nor deny this rumor, but I read somewhere that khaak only have a chance of bailing if they are a lone ship by themselves and not part of a cluster. You'll need to find an interceptor or fighter wandering commonwealth by itself, which is much rarer than clusters.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

The-Gizmo
x3tc

Post by The-Gizmo » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 09:16

garv222 wrote:I can't confirm nor deny this rumor, but I read somewhere that khaak only have a chance of bailing if they are a lone ship by themselves and not part of a cluster. You'll need to find an interceptor or fighter wandering commonwealth by itself, which is much rarer than clusters.
From my experience I would call that plausible, if not confirmed. Though that's just from what I've seen in the game.

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 15:08

doesnt fight rank have something to do with it? im on Legend and the few i face in commonwealth sectors dont bail
An object in motion, stays in motion unless acted on by an outside force.
Sir Isaac Newton, The meanest person in space.

J. Spartan

Post by J. Spartan » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 17:43

The-Gizmo wrote:
garv222 wrote:I can't confirm nor deny this rumor, but I read somewhere that khaak only have a chance of bailing if they are a lone ship by themselves and not part of a cluster. You'll need to find an interceptor or fighter wandering commonwealth by itself, which is much rarer than clusters.
From my experience I would call that plausible, if not confirmed. Though that's just from what I've seen in the game.
I have capped my interceptor in one of the khaak sectors. Can't say anything about the fighter, as I wasn't lucky enough to get one of those yet. I'm using a deimos by the way using 2 different configs: either 1 flak in each turret or 1 PSG. Both should work well, the PSG does a steady and low damage, but it has a nasty side effect: it will damage bailed ships as well if enemies are in it's fire radius due to its AOE effect. Flaks on the other hand only damage one target at a time but as others said, they kill interceptors and scouts too quickly.
"Give a man a bullet, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun, and he'll be giving away the bullets."

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 17:58

Used to Capture lots of Kh'aak in X2, but not in X3TC. Got some Xenon though. In fact, the Pirates are worse than most in my game Universe.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Sun, 21. Nov 10, 02:53

I got a m5 xenon capped with shields still intact. But Ive never got a Kha'ak.

I want one so bad especially since I play with improved races!
- Please check out & vote on my X4:F expansion idea thread

[ external image ]

SpaceToast
x3tc

Post by SpaceToast » Sun, 21. Nov 10, 05:09

i know u can capall xenon fighters got a few LX's that way but as for kha'ak fighters u need to find them when there alone the clusters and home sectors never seem to bail for me :'( i wish they would have made a true kha'ak start complete with K shipyards/eq docks and missle fabs just like the commonwealth races....who knows maybe the exspansion pack fairy will fly down and give that to us :)
X3 terran conflict is the best game in the world next to supreme commander 1 ;)

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Mon, 22. Nov 10, 00:30

I got a m3 kha'ak to jump ship once before TC was out, was one of the best moment I had playing x3. First I saved it in 3 spots, then I jumped in upgraded the whole thing and when killen....and what a blast it was....the sound is so devilishly evil and I noticed ships jumped out alot more frequently when I was using the fighter then any other ship and setup I tried.

Afterwards I jumped it in the HQ and made me 10 more hehehe I was unstoppable! m1's are for noobs :D

In TC I saw my first m6 kha'ak, holy cow I ran away so fast those things are quick and ultra deadly.....I want one so bad :)
- Please check out & vote on my X4:F expansion idea thread

[ external image ]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”