[MOD TC/AP] Combat Mod 4 - v4.16 17/06/13 - AP 3.0 Compatibility

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 6. May 13, 14:52

Many thanks, I think I need a new bookmark folder for X3AP, so much has changed here and mixed up with TC .. Ref' reminder : Will do ;)

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Fri, 24. May 13, 17:42

alt3rn1ty wrote: .. Ref' reminder : Will do ;)
<Tentatively pokes his nose around the corner>

Too soon ?

-------------

One question for when you get time to review this : Does Combat mod 4 include any of that old huge list of Draffut fixes, or was that purely incorporated in SRM

I am so out of date I do not even know if any of Draffuts fixes need apply these days with AP 3.0, but I presume so because they are still in XRM ( or given a mention somewhere in the documentation I think I have read recently )

Probably out of scope / off topic for Combat Mod, if so is there a separate Draffut mod for AP .. Or did that stop once SRM incorporated it. In which case those fixes would only be available now in your work with XRM. :?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 24. May 13, 20:39

Thanks for the reminder -

As suspected, its just the tships addon that needs to be updated - it shouldn't be too much of a drama to make this 3.0 compatible. Ill try and sort it for early in the week.

The Draffut fixes are not in the cmod4, but the cmod4 is compatible with draffut's mod - just make sure the cmod is at a higher cat/dat. I think the majority of Draffut's fixes were incorporated into vanilla AP.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Fri, 24. May 13, 23:37

paulwheeler wrote:As suspected, its just the tships addon that needs to be updated - it shouldn't be too much of a drama to make this 3.0 compatible. Ill try and sort it for early in the week.
Good news, and thank you for considering updating this.

I am finding AP v3.0 slightly better in performance than TC ever was on this machine .. I gave XRM a retrial soon after 1.29 release, and tested various sectors and scenarios, unfortunately its just a little too much to be comfortable with ( I need a new machine but its not going to be justifiable / affordable for a few years yet, I will be on I7 when everyone else has quantum computers no doubt, but still happily playing X ).
The Draffut fixes are not in the cmod4, but the cmod4 is compatible with draffut's mod - just make sure the cmod is at a higher cat/dat. I think the majority of Draffut's fixes were incorporated into vanilla AP.
If Draffuts fixes are included in vanilla that would not surprise me, I need to do more reading throughout L3, but have noticed he has been quite active in there .. Will catch up eventually :)
Edit: Found it - Last edit in 2010, and at that time most of them were included in the official TC patch 2.7 .. A lot of water under the bridge since then and AP patches, I cant imagine its needed anymore.

Right now though looking forward to doing Shady Business etc with CMOD4

... And exploring more of doubleshadows X3 Editor 2 - Baby steps stage though at the moment.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 05:00

paulwheeler wrote:~Ill try and sort it for early in the week.~
I'm guessing XRM update fallout is taking priority, or RL which is far more important .. Alt' goes back to the sedentary Xlife of trading / building meanwhile.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 09:41

No - I just completely forgot :oops:

I'll sort it ASAP.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 10:34

UPDATE RELEASED - V4.16
-----------------------------------

This update adds AP v3.0 compatibility.

TC users do not need to install this update.

COMPONENTS THAT REQUIRE UPDATING:

The core CMOD4
The full Factory Pack
EMR/FPD Compatibility Pack

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 17:58

Holy cow that was quick from time of discovery you forgot to time of upload = Shooting from the hip mods

<Searches for a bouncy pouncy tiggr emote and fails> Thank you :)

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 12:04

I'm really interested to know how people are using this with AP. I'm (extremely reluctantly) considering giving up XRM due to performance issues, so what mods go well with this on AP? Obviously SRM would be the natural companion but it's not compatible with AP. Does anyone have any suggestions for other mods/scripts that complement CMOD on AP?

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 16:50

Yes I was the same, XRM will be on my next machine when I can justify affording one just for my gaming pleasure ..

Meanwhile, obviously AP3.0 is supported, and I believe just about anything in the first post ( Paul went through what needed to be changed )

Although I am not sure about anything SRM related ( note Paul has dropped support for anything SRM related because the modularity was becoming too much of a responsibility to update / stay on top of )

MARS may need an updated T file to be compatible with this update to CMOD4 ( which is not Pauls responsibility really ) .. I am not using MARS ( though I did briefly try it out again prior to installing the new CMOD4 ) .. These days ( and because of wanting to streamline performance .. ) I go with the following ..

And just an asside to note for performance, AP 3.0 is better at performance with just the vanilla game than any of its predecessors in the X series ( especially on my laptop if I run it in Window mode http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 24#4049124 )

1. CMOD4.16

2. You can use the official bonus pack with this

3. Graxters Remove Rocks ( Gets rid of the small asteroids throughout the game which are no value for mining and just visual fluff really )

4. Halo's Low Poly Roids ( But if you dont have the Plugin Manager, or prefer installing an archive instead of an SPK - Have a look in the first post there for "edit: added .zip archive" .. It contains the medium version cat / dat pair which you can install as a fake patch, which I found is ample reduction of Poly's to help improve performance on a core 2 duo machine )

5. Shimrods Smart Turrets Which if you are being careful of using the CPU cycles for performance is a very good substitute for MARS, and it will not need an updated T File ( See the posts starting with this one

6. On the subject of Traders .. Hmm, its getting a bit grey in this area. Lucikes scripts which are famously good and very detailled / complex in their capabilities at this time need updating I think for AP 3.0. Gnasirators MK3 Improvement Reloaded are very good .. But we are talking about improved performance and I believe another of Shimrods mods OK Traders is not only improving on vanilla ST and UT traders behaviour, but is also really well developed in its scripting performance. I am also using MK3 Improvement Reloaded, but I have the feeling Shimrods OK Traders will take over all my traders very soon.

I have a few more mods, but on the performance considerations the above are about it at the moment for AP 3.0

Oh actually one more thing, which may help in a small way ... But to be honest personally I use this purely for aesthetics Soleks Gate Pack - I'm using variation 6 because IMHO it looks the part, ancient / awesome / does not stand out so much that it makes gates easier to find .. and does not have bits sticking out you can fly through with collision switched off ( vanilla gates were changed by egosoft at one time to prevent crashes into the bits that stick out, but they were unwilling to chop those bits off the model because they liked the look of them, even though flying through solid objects kind of kills emersion ) .. And ( I think .. but not sure ) its maybe less poly than the vanilla game gates.
Solek has done more updated gates since, which are closer to vanilla with those sticking out bits removed here

The only thing missing for AP 3.0 which there is not an update to currently on the performance front is a mod to reduce the amount of fluff ships in the Xverse - No Civilians mod
I tried doing one based on Jaga Telesins X3 Unleashed .. But so far failing to save anything useful, I dont know what I am doing wrong but seriously messing up what apparently should be a simple job on jobs :oops:

Schabernack did a combination of a lot of the above, but various parts of it now need updating to AP 3.0.
And also mentioned by me in that topic is a heap of Ship Models which had poly reduction by Fire Giant, and hosted by Lucike, but again this is something that needs updated for AP 3.0 .. So bookmark em for future reference - Model Performance Update ( You may need to use google translate on the same url )

Thats about all I can think of on the performance front, except maybe SSwamp_Troopers X3TC Performance Upgrade ( X3 Reunion shaders, which worked in X3TC and so should be okay with AP .. But I never could discern any noticeable difference these made in TC, so have not used them in AP )
:)

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 16:52

The Mars Data T File for CMOD 4.16 is available on the first page of this thread.

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 18:03

My machine is fine with vanilla AP, it just can't quite handle XRM unfortunately. So I was more thinking of mods that add extra content (ships etc) rather than performance related stuff. Smart Turrets and OK Traders are great choices that I wouldn't do without, alt3rn1ty!

How do Cadius' Ship Pack and Advanced Weapons Research Mod play with CMOD, for example?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 18:43

xtra works fine with the cmod. However, AWRM is inherently incompatible with the cmod as they both change the same things.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 6. Jul 13, 22:43

paulwheeler wrote:The Mars Data T File for CMOD 4.16 is available on the first page of this thread.
Thanks Paul - I dont use MARS currently, but when I made my last post I briefly skimmed the first post which reads ..

"Updated 14/6/11
Download MARS data file for CMOD4.16"

.. I only caught sight of the update date, but should have realized if its for CMOD4.16 it is up to date.

---------------

Thank you for updating CMOD, I mainly popped back in here just to let you know everything working well here, and very much appreciated for my setup.

dogboy122
x4

Post by dogboy122 » Fri, 23. Aug 13, 16:57

Hmm I seem to get better combat FPS without cmod :?

pave_low
x3

Cmod 4.16 doesn't Work

Post by pave_low » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 14:25

With it in spk format it'll work.

However I have New Horizons, and a number of xsp ships running. And with the files it either doesn't show the new ships or it just doesn't work at all.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Re: Cmod 4.16 doesn't Work

Post by paulwheeler » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 17:37

pave_low wrote:With it in spk format it'll work.

However I have New Horizons, and a number of xsp ships running. And with the files it either doesn't show the new ships or it just doesn't work at all.
If New Horizons changes weapons then the cmod is not compatible. It isnt compatible with the cmod tships addon and probably not the factory pack as well.

XSP ships seem to cause problems when installed via the plugin manager with mods that alter certain core files - youll need to speak to the plugin manager author as to why. Id have thought they should work with the basic cmod though... Id imagine they have problems with the tships addon.

pave_low
x3

Post by pave_low » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 19:19

I have no idea what "TShip addon" is, however I am not running the other you mentioned. Also previously I didn't have New Horizons running and there were no graphics to the ships when running CMod with a file version.

Isn't there anywhere I can get the spk format? As that has always made it work with all the mods

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 23:29

The tships addon is the emr/fpd compatibility pack.

I no longer provide spk versions.

If your ship graphics disappear when installing the cmod, then you are doing something very wrong - the basic cmod doesn't go anywhere near ships.

I suggest we try and get a clean cmod install working first so remove any other mods. We can add them back in later.

Please re-read the installation instructions and reinstall the cmod. Then if it does not work correctly, provide a screenshot of your installation folder.

pave_low
x3

Post by pave_low » Wed, 28. Aug 13, 21:52

Is CMod in the X3 Rebalance? or is there something similar? If so I will try running rebalance and then add the ships.

As for the Destination folder, it is in Steam

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”