[TC] Cluster Flak

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kantall
x4

Cluster Flak

Post by Kantall » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 01:21

I apologise if this has already been asked elsewhere, however I've been unable to find a relevant topic using the search function, most have been to do with Kha'ak clusters, and the one topic that did appear relevant was in German.

I know that Cluster Flak used to be considered vastly inferior to the regular FLAK upon the launch of TC, has this changed in more recent patches or am I still better off staying with FLAK? I'd test it out myself however money is a little tight at the moment since I spent it all on a colossus and have barely enough to equip it and stick fighters in

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 01:44

Cluster FLAK was much improved in, I believe, patch 2.5. Anyway, it works quite well now. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Kantall
x4

Post by Kantall » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 01:54

Thanks for the help, really glad to hear it, time to load up my colossus with Cflak!

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 15:12

It might be useful against grouped fighters, but you'll end up pulling your hair off when you see how much time it takes the Cluster Flaks to hit fighters 1-on-1.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 15:14

CFA's on their own still suck pretty bad. But one mixed into a load of FAAs works very nicely imo.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 20:50

I buy both types of FLAK and never can get enough of it. Buy every unit you can get, mine works ok in 2.5 - but just buy it for patches in future which solve your problem, just so you have sufficient stocks built up.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 21:32

I must admit I was a bit dubious at using these myself. But found they work just fine, not as fast a FAAs but they are still quite effective.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 22:40

Had the two type on my Thresher, works well together. Cluster seems a bit more precise albeit less powerfull.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

cswiger
x3tc

Post by cswiger » Sun, 17. Oct 10, 01:53

CFA is more of an Area of Effect weapon, like SSC or PSG. Regular flak pretty much hits only one target at a time, but does more damage to that one target rather than lesser damage to possibly many targets.

All of these weapons have been tweaked someone over recent patches, and they have much better graphic effects and the overwhelmingly loud sound effects have been reduced.
Do you remember Shalebridge Cradle?
Beware! The Cradle *doesn't* forget....

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”