Making the Griffon an M6

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Da-V-Man
x4

Making the Griffon an M6

Post by Da-V-Man » Mon, 18. Oct 10, 05:55

Has anyone yet tried giving the Argon Griffon an M6 class designation in TC? This way it makes it possible to dock in standard stations, but I don't know how well it would fit and if it would clip with anything while in the docking clamps.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Mon, 18. Oct 10, 06:33

The docking is oriented about the default cockpit camera dummy. If that is in a reasonable position its not an issue. If not then good luck...
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 18. Oct 10, 12:01

Has anyone yet tried giving the Argon Griffon an M6 class designation in TC? This way it makes it possible to dock in standard stations, but I don't know how well it would fit and if it would clip with anything while in the docking clamps.
You will collide with stuff most of the time ;)
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 00:03

I was actually wondering if anyone else has tried. I'm not a modder, so I don't know how to mod the game, and right now I'm not too interested in learning it. I'm more curious than anything.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 04:49

In theory its possible, but why bother? just add a docking point to your Griffon and dock a large TS, use it as a cargo ferry

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”