Mosquito Missile Defense not working

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BalzaSteel

Mosquito Missile Defense not working

Post by BalzaSteel » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 01:11

Hi All:

I've been trying to get my Mosquito Missile Defense working, I've turned it on in the command console and a voice prompt says the system is active, and I'm carrying lots of Mosquitos, but it doesn't shoot down incoming missiles, what am I doing wrong?

also, what is the difference between the two Mosquito Missile Defence options?

thanx in advance

bs

comradevik

Post by comradevik » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 02:51

Not really sure what you're doing wrong, except you dont have to have the missiles actually installed. Try having a dozen Mosquitos in the cargo bay, but install a few wasps or another missile to shoot with. Maybe that would fix it.

The second option, MDM.C stands for MDM Convoy, which means it will protect you and your wingmen.

BalzaSteel

Post by BalzaSteel » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 03:58

Thanx comradevik :)

Finally got it working, had to set missile fire chance to 100% in autopilot menu

Thanx again

BS

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 19:16

BalzaSteel wrote:Thanx comradevik :)

Finally got it working, had to set missile fire chance to 100% in autopilot menu...
Odd. I've never had to do that. Did you try setting it back to the default 5% and see if it still works? If so, it could've just been a temporary glitch. If not, you might want to report it in the MDM thread, which you can find in the Bonus Pack sticky at the top of the forum.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 19:35

You shouldn't have to set missile percentage at all, they should fire automatically.

BalzaSteel

Post by BalzaSteel » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 00:35

I'll try setting it back and see what happens, there's no voice prompt or any indication that it's active except I hear the Mosquito fire.

it doesn't seem to fire unless missiles get quite close, full tone close, and I'm piloting a Harrier Raider that goes about 525 so it may have just been a case of the missiles not getting close enough to trip it, at the time I was using Squidy McSquids patented RSLG maneuver a lot :)

BS

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”