[TC] Final Fury Asteroid Scan Mission

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

imrtl1
x3tc

Final Fury Asteroid Scan Mission

Post by imrtl1 » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 05:39

I have scanned all the asteroids in the unknown sector even flew the whole sector looking for asteroids that I might have missed and there is only 1 high yield asteroid in the sector. There is asteroid debris and rocks from other asteroids it looks like, so maybe the other high yield ones were destroyed.

The question is this mission ever going to be completable or am I screwed?

BTW this was 2.7.1 I am downloading 3.0 as I write this.

Canefox
x3tc

Post by Canefox » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 05:44

You could try buy some Kestrels with explorer command software and have them help search the sector. Remember to look above and below the ecliptic plane (above and below the Z axis)

imrtl1
x3tc

Post by imrtl1 » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 05:52

I was pretty sure I searched the whole sector in my disco, including above/below, I'll send a few ships in to map the sector, just encase.

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 11:37

Just an advice: when you've spotted the LAST asteroid, save before scanning it. The next phase of the plot starts immediately after that and you'll have to guard TLs while they move in to place ore/silicon mines, all while Kha'ak corvettes swarm you and them. If your combat rank is low, you'll probably get more or less lucky and will only have to deal with fighters.

Canefox
x3tc

Post by Canefox » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 12:52

Guarding that TL isn't that big of an issue as they will keep sending new ones if the previous one gets blown up until all the mines are built.

wizrd755
x2

Re: Final Fury Asteroid Scan Mission

Post by wizrd755 » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 19:59

imrtl1 wrote:I have scanned all the asteroids in the unknown sector even flew the whole sector looking for asteroids that I might have missed and there is only 1 high yield asteroid in the sector. There is asteroid debris and rocks from other asteroids it looks like, so maybe the other high yield ones were destroyed.

The question is this mission ever going to be completable or am I screwed?

BTW this was 2.7.1 I am downloading 3.0 as I write this.
I have one, Ore 'roid, I believe, iin the NORTH part of the sector, slighty left of center. It's got a few other ones around it. Also, one Silicon 'roid is toward the SW corner of the sector; it's all by it's self. Both appear on the "standard" sector map..

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”