[TC] Aldrin - Asteroid scan

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

s3khmet
x3tc

Aldrin - Asteroid scan

Post by s3khmet » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 22:04

Hi everybody

I'm pretty new around here (well, on the forum, I have enough hours played to understand that a Xenon has nothing to do with gas :P ) and to start my post meter I have a problem that needs your help :

I just finished the hub's ore part so while a ship is cleaning the little rocks made of a certain metal I figured that I'd give a try at the Aldrin Expansion plot.
Bad idea since I'm kinda stuck in the first mission : I'm scanning the roids asked but when it comes the last one's turn the mission doesn't get to the next point (getting more of the metal spoken before) and i'm stuck with a unscannable roid which has still the orange markers around him :evil:

So if someone has a solution that would be great :)
I was there, at the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 22:19

Haven't heard of that before. Exactly what happens when you try to scan it? Does it give you the yield and then stay there? Are you positive you're not scanning a 'roid in front of the target one? More info is needed. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 22:22

IIRC:

the solution was to turn in the metal.

s3khmet
x3tc

Post by s3khmet » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 22:48

Nanook wrote:Haven't heard of that before. Exactly what happens when you try to scan it? Does it give you the yield and then stay there? Are you positive you're not scanning a 'roid in front of the target one? More info is needed. :)
I'm pretty sure it's the right asteroid, it's alone (and sad, grieving for his lost love ... sorry, i'm drifting ^^)
For more details : it's the last asteroids to scan so i target it, at 10km i scan it, the scan is successful (i.e. I can see Ore : 13 or whatever) but the plot doesn't move to the next step, it's just as if i didn't scan the roid :/
Catra wrote:IIRC:

the solution was to turn in the metal.
I'm sorry, i'm not an english native speaker, what does IIRC mean ?

Thanks for the idea, I'll try that :)

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 22:52

IIRC = if I recall correctly.

rpetiger
x3tc

Post by rpetiger » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 04:32

I haven't done the Aldrin missions yet, but I was curious, so I just fit a Kestrel with a mineral scanner and Explore software, so it scanned all 100+ roids for me :)

s3khmet
x3tc

Post by s3khmet » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 11:45

Thunders wrote:IIRC = if I recall correctly.
Oh, ok, i didn't know that one :)

And thanks for your idea, i'm not stuck anymore. :)

If stuck with a last asteroid to scan, you can go get your 100 nividium :wink:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”