[TC] What is the Deal with the Yaki?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Daggaroth
x3tc

What is the Deal with the Yaki?

Post by Daggaroth » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 11:20

ive been flying around for a few days now and every once and awhile ill see a yaki trader blue to me offering a mission but the local police go and blast him out of the sky, why do everyone hate the yaki?

also: is there any benefit of befriending the yaki? or are they just a fantastic target for capturing ships and such?

cezarip
x3tc

Post by cezarip » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 11:26

Yaki are pirates. A organized and powerful branch, but pirates nevertheless. Actually I believe the Yaki fighter is not blown out by the police, he just jumps away because you don't have high enough Yaki reputation.

As advantages: the yaki have two of the three IBL forges in the game...They have a shipyard and give missions. So you have the possibility of playing the game as a Pirate Warlord.
Provided that the laws of mathematics are
related to reality, they are not reliable. And if
they are reliable, they aren’t related to
reality.

Albert Einstein

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 11:33

Yaki are much more like a normal race than the regular pirates. In that, once friendly with them, they will all be friendly and stay friendly unless you pick on them without doing missions for them.
As pointed out, they have 2 IBL factories, which is very handy. If you are friendly with them, it is very easy to help yourself to their ships.
And finally if you build in their space, they will defend your assets against everyone.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 11:42

cezarip wrote:Yaki are pirates. A organized and powerful branch, but pirates nevertheless. Actually I believe the Yaki fighter is not blown out by the police, he just jumps away because you don't have high enough Yaki reputation.

As advantages: the yaki have two of the three IBL forges in the game...They have a shipyard and give missions. So you have the possibility of playing the game as a Pirate Warlord.
The police will attack the Yaki ships in their sectors, they ownly jump out if the player has a poor rep with them.

Daggaroth
x3tc

Post by Daggaroth » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 11:49

hmm, is there any way to be able to manufacture the IBLs yourself?

because I am right now working toward getting my first M7M and bolstering my military forces and I kinda would like to have a nice official target to go after for capturing ships for my own personal use and/or selling for profit to pay for other things.

however if they are going to be an asset or theres a good reason to make friendly with them ( like getting available access to IBLs for example) it may be necessary for me to choose another target , in which case im confused who to go after that can provide adequate targets for capture

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 11:53

Daggaroth wrote:hmm, is there any way to be able to manufacture the IBLs yourself?

because I am right now working toward getting my first M7M and bolstering my military forces and I kinda would like to have a nice official target to go after for capturing ships for my own personal use and/or selling for profit to pay for other things.

however if they are going to be an asset or theres a good reason to make friendly with them ( like getting available access to IBLs for example) it may be necessary for me to choose another target , in which case im confused who to go after that can provide adequate targets for capture
You can't make IBLs, they are ownly available from the 3 IBL forges. You can use your M7M to board ships that often carry them i.e. Yaki Akuma often carries a lot of these, can get 26 IBLs in a single boarding. But most capital ships often have these as well.

Daggaroth
x3tc

Post by Daggaroth » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 12:01

yeah, ive picked up 4 or 5 in alatna hill after things have gone boom, I have them on my tiger now

Thunders

Re: What is the Deal with the Yaki?

Post by Thunders » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 13:24

Daggaroth wrote:or are they just a fantastic target for capturing ships and such?
Approximately 70 million credits for selling a boarded Akuma. What does that tell you? Like someone has already said, there's also the chance to get IBLs after each capture, 6 to ~32 to be precise.

And yes, they're pirates. That makes them a kill-on-sight target for me.

Daggaroth
x3tc

Post by Daggaroth » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 13:33

Thunders wrote:
Daggaroth wrote:or are they just a fantastic target for capturing ships and such?
Approximately 70 million credits for selling a boarded Akuma. What does that tell you? Like someone has already said, there's also the chance to get IBLs after each capture, 6 to ~32 to be precise.

And yes, they're pirates. That makes them a kill-on-sight target for me.

sounds like I know where im going after i get my cobra =)

what would you suggest for a properly fit cobra ?

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 13:39

I did missions for the Yaki. Only a few, then they're good friends. I hbave two small complexes in their space, to supply IBL forges, Ore, Spacefuel. Next to the Elephant, their Yaki Ryu is my most used TL.
Yaki space is well defended by the Yaki, and a safe harbour for my starships.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 13:59

Daggaroth wrote:what would you suggest for a properly fit cobra ?
Mine are (plural - I've got a backup Cobra holding my other 20 soon-to-be-ace marines) equipped as follows:

3x 1 GJ shields
989 e-cells
300 Flails
200 Hammers
20 pods
20 (ace) marines
Triplex scanner
Freight Scanner (needed if you want to spot Ryus that carry forges; no luck here yet)
Jumpdrive
TurboBooster MK2 - from Split equipment docks (install the official BonusPack)
Transporter Device - vital for getting your marines back after the capture AND to give your trophy the jumpdrive and e-cells in order to evacuate it safely to the closest shipyard
Back turret holding 2 Flak Artillery Arrays ordered to attack enemies
Other turrets (missiles) set to "none", giving you full control of how and when you fire ordinance.

Use a TM carrying fighters with jumpdrives in order to get yourself another jumpdrive when done.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 14:11

You can manufacture your own IBL's, but it requires you to destroy one of their IBL fabs and then capture the TL carrying the replacement.

And for the above, a Transporter isn't necessary if you're capping anything that can dock fighters, like TL's, or M1's, or even certain M7's. The TM can jump in, dispatch a fast M5, (Disco Variant), and it can dock and then transfer it's jump drive, then the TM and capped ship jump out. No need to try and close in with your big slow ship.

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 14:18

Triaxx2 wrote:No need to try and close in with your big slow ship.
Going backwards at 10 m/s while the target's at max speed during the fights on deck 5 and the hacking process will cut the distance to 5 km and less by the time ship control is transferred.

No need to wait for anything to get your trophy to safety and, this way, he won't have any reason to filter his targets based on whether they can hold fighters or not. :wink:

As for the IBL forges, I destroyed all 3 very long ago and the game's engine hasn't replaced them.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 15:20

Thunders wrote:
Going backwards at 10 m/s while the target's at max speed during the fights on deck 5 and the hacking process will cut the distance to 5 km and less by the time ship control is transferred.

No need to wait for anything to get your trophy to safety and, this way, he won't have any reason to filter his targets based on whether they can hold fighters or not. :wink:

As for the IBL forges, I destroyed all 3 very long ago and the game's engine hasn't replaced them.
For the IBL forges to be replaced, I guess you have to stimulate the economy in he sector before hand to give GoD a chance to puth them back.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 15:48

There is no Yaki economy to stimulate in my game. The only station that they have is the shipyard deep in Senator's Badlands that I keep destroying in my trips.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 18:08

Actually I like to sit in the blind spots so I'm always within 5km, but that's beside the point.

But I'm not saying pick targets simply on that, but that there's an easier way to do it. Especially with the Carrier command software, since you can order it to jump in, deploy it's jump drive fighter, and then retreat. Then order the fighter to dock with the capped ship. Simple, quick and dirty.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 18:18

StarTroll wrote:
Thunders wrote:

For the IBL forges to be replaced, I guess you have to stimulate the economy in he sector before hand to give GoD a chance to puth them back.
The IBL forges are not replaced by GoD, they get delivered by TLs IIRC.

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 18:30

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:
StarTroll wrote:
Thunders wrote:

that is being replaced by GoD :P when things just respawn back in place(EQdocks, trade stations, shipyards, military outposts), that means it ISNT replaced by GoD, but rather just a check to see if it still exists and a respawn timer.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 18:31

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:
StarTroll wrote:
Thunders wrote:

TLs that are comissionned by GoD to build those stations.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 20:19

speaking of yaki got a quick q's regarding a hoshi i just capped:
i used 30 5 star marines...when i capped it i got it with HPD and Internal lazer....how did my marines survive against the laser :?:
last q...after i capped it...on the menu bas it kept blinking red....i noticed the F/F setting had paranid set to enemy...so i hit set from global setting....it changes for about 10 seconds before it goes back to foe...how do i un do this?
i dont want to start a shooting war with them....yet
An object in motion, stays in motion unless acted on by an outside force.
Sir Isaac Newton, The meanest person in space.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”