[TC] Interesting way to "fly within earths atmosphere"

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sardaukar2488
x4

Interesting way to "fly within earths atmosphere"

Post by Sardaukar2488 » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 12:21

Hey guys,

Before i begin, i must say that no this is not a "Can we land on planets" question at all. Rather, its a how to on how to fly within Earths atmosphere without being destroyed using cheat scripts.

Firstly get yourself a Kestrel or an Arrow, then using the cheat scripts super tune your craft as much as possible. Then go to earth. From here, use the cheat scripts' destroy sector menu to destroy all Terran property, including Torus and its separate lasertowers, and all ships. Then, using the supertuned ship, fly with SETA straight towards earth, as you get very close you can see the upper atmosphere (i think its just a top level shader) then the clouds, you can fly under them, then the ocean (mind you this is all extremely pixellated being this close) and you can even fly through the ocean surface (into space as the ocean appears to be hollow).

Naturally if you want to ever see torus normally again you would save prior to doing this, and reload afterwards.

Da-V-Man
x4

Re: Interesting way to "fly within earths atmosphere"

Post by Da-V-Man » Sun, 24. Oct 10, 03:50

There are some sectors (like Blue Profit I think) where the planets are much closer to the gates, and you can easily get into the atmosphere. However, once you enter the atmosphere, you start taking damage (it will warn you audibly) and will most likely die before you reach the surface.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

Sardaukar2488
x4

RE: Interesting way to fly within earths atmosphere

Post by Sardaukar2488 » Wed, 27. Oct 10, 04:15

Yeah ive experienced the "warning, entering atmosphere", then BOOM effect hahaha. But funnily enough, Earth doesnt have that at all. I think ts because you would "normally" be killed by torus laser towers.

kotorone1
x3tc

Post by kotorone1 » Sat, 30. Oct 10, 22:31

ive done this too, and ive officially landed on earth :D

Kel Aldin
x4

Post by Kel Aldin » Sun, 31. Oct 10, 15:03

Easiest place to do that would be Split Fire. seems like the north gate is only inches from the planet's atmosphere. there are also asteroids that are close to the planet. if you watch them after a while they break up/explode as the effects works on anything, not just you.
Triaxx2: "Split say real warrior kill M2 with Ranger, and insults."

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”