(Orbital Weapons Platform Question) need help on this.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DarkkUnit_1

(Orbital Weapons Platform Question) need help on this.

Post by DarkkUnit_1 » Tue, 26. Oct 10, 02:33

ok first off...yes im new to the game but i know my way around mods and stuff..so i got a large orbital defense weapons systems platform using a cheat but...it don't do anything when enemy's are in around it, how do thay work? is there a mods/script for that can make them work? ( if they even really work on there own) and if not what can thay do? im just a lil lost on how thes things work..i mean whats the point of calling them "Orbital Weapons Platforms" if thay don't do any thing. but if any one can set me strait on this plz do. trying to better under stand the game and the things in it as well as mods that may/may not work.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Tue, 26. Oct 10, 13:37

The Orbital weapons platforms are a bit like a ship at 0 speed. They need to be filled up with missiles and guns for them to work. They do bugger all for OOS combat but will work if you're in the same sector and enemies are present.
Still life in the old dog yet...

DarkkUnit_1

Post by DarkkUnit_1 » Tue, 26. Oct 10, 14:48

humm but how would i do this, (and as far as OOS combat, no clue in to what you mean by that plz explain that). how will this work by just adding missiles and guns? or do thay have to be a specific type of guns and missiles ? from what i thought was, there were slots for the weapons on the platform like a ship has slots for its guns. are u sure that it will work by just simply adding armaments in its docking hold?

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Tue, 26. Oct 10, 15:50

OOS = Out Of Sector combat or, when your ships do battle against enemies and you are not in the sector at the same time.

OWP's are equiped just like a ship and have the same menu's for doing so. If you target your OWP and push i you will be given the details of the weapons and missiles it can hold. Most take a huge amount of guns and missiles to fill them up, but as you have cheated yourself one in already then adding guns and missiles the same way, would give you an idea of the cost involved if you were doing it normally.
Still life in the old dog yet...

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 26. Oct 10, 16:20

They only use lasers when IS. OOS they only fire missiles.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 26. Oct 10, 17:01

If you install OOS Reballance script, then OWP will work very well in OOS.

Igor.tverd
x3ap

Post by Igor.tverd » Tue, 26. Oct 10, 18:34

And if you use Cadiuses OWPs as well they rule the battlefield :twisted:
Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science fiction is the improbable made possible.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 26. Oct 10, 22:56

Or you use the CODEA weapon bases. They don't have an own English topic yet, but I have linked them in Lucikes Collection anyway as far as I remember.

Lucike adapted the vanilla scripts for better usable OWP's too and also CODEA is useable for the OWP's.

CODEA has it's own English topic.

DarkkUnit_1

Post by DarkkUnit_1 » Wed, 27. Oct 10, 01:11

do you have a link to the OOS Reballance script ? also the link to Cadiuses OWPs ? also i tryd to get the info on the OWP but it dident give any info on what guns or missals to us all it gave was ship upgrades.

powerbrite

Post by powerbrite » Wed, 27. Oct 10, 11:14

try srm this has a ship yard script that ads owp to shipyards S M L,is also compatible with improved racess and oos.you also gett mising ships and some new stuff, i recomond runing all these toogether.go to the download libary,on the forum.ok

DarkkUnit_1

Post by DarkkUnit_1 » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 04:33

ok

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”