[X2] vicious boron?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rugaard

[X2] vicious boron?

Post by rugaard » Tue, 26. Oct 10, 23:27

ive been playing x2 for a couple days and one thing ive noticed is that the boron are destroying the argon economy at a fairly quick pace. this is making it fairly hard to earn credits through trading how would i go about stabilizing this declining economy? i know i need to place stations of the resources with the most demand but im not exactly sure where to place these stations. also do npc stations get removed for not producing anything after an amount of time has passed?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 27. Oct 10, 02:08

Why do you think it's the Boron? They're allies with the Argon, so shouldn't ever attack them. Have any scripts or mods installed?

As for the stations, in X2, they're fixed. There is no GoD engine to remove them or make more, so once they get destroyed by enemy action, they're gone for good. Of course, this leaves the player free to fill in any holes in the economy, or even make them. :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

rugaard

Post by rugaard » Wed, 27. Oct 10, 02:26

i didnt say the boron were attacking the argon, just buying all the products in argon space mostly powercells and deluxian wheat and without those resources i know that many stations in argon space cant produce anything, and i know its the boron because they have 3x as many TP ships as all the other races combined in the argon sectors. so far half the stations in the argon sectors are completely bare of any resources and products

must be the kha'ak destroying the stations then

adobis
x3tc

Post by adobis » Wed, 27. Oct 10, 11:56

Well that means you've found a market to put some stations :D

But hell yeah, Borons are nasty! :D

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Wed, 27. Oct 10, 12:23

Could this be the result of the mighty X2 Dolphin with all that cargo space compared to their rivals.
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

rugaard

Post by rugaard » Wed, 27. Oct 10, 17:36

ye it is, I'm not sure but the dolphin also seems to be the fastest tp out there, so far Ive placed 3 wheat farms but have yet to see much of an effect, 1 spp but I'm annoyed that the npcs only go to it when the furthest is more expensive, I have it set to 15 cr, should i lower it?

bravoman
x3ap

Post by bravoman » Wed, 27. Oct 10, 19:31

In general NPCs only go to your station when it's cheaper than others. I've typically set my factories in X2 to -1 below average and usually keep stock sold out.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”