[TC] Corvette?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Renzakuken

Corvette?

Post by Renzakuken » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 20:11

having saved up from missioning and a rather crap set of stations, i bought myself a Heavy Osprey (shielding was great for capping etc...)

Is it i still possible to dock a ship to a M6? I believe it was so in X2

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 20:16

The only M6 in X3-TC capable of holding (fighter) ships (precisely, two ships) is the Paranid Hyperion Vanguard.

Renzakuken

Post by Renzakuken » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 20:21

ah that's a bummer, where might i obtain one?

Also, for boarding other ships i take it i need the ship in question to fly into my marines?

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 20:30

Similar, very recent thread here.

I got mine in Preacher's Void using a Split Cobra (M7M) and 5 marines (1 boarding pod). Now it's just a blueprint, but not for long.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 21:16

Renzakuken wrote:Also, for boarding other ships i take it i need the ship in question to fly into my marines?
Correct. Also, you need to keep the shields of the target below 10% while your marines are cutting the hull or they will die.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 21:19

jwigeland wrote:
Renzakuken wrote:Also, for boarding other ships i take it i need the ship in question to fly into my marines?
Correct. Also, you need to keep the shields of the target below 10% while your marines are cutting the hull or they will die.
More like 5%, and even lower on some of the larger ships. I generally shoot for 1% or so, just to be on the safe side. I hate that "All your marines are fried" message. :twisted:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Renzakuken

Post by Renzakuken » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 23:37

Ok so i'm testing this boarding lark out. I'm in Blackhole sun and OMG suddenly a Heavy Military Prototype centaur turns up.... so i've got 5 marines, and i engage this guy, i go to the command console and select piracy and select the "board my target" option. Nothing happens :S this guys got 0 shields left and im using plasma burst generators to keep it like that. What's happening?

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Thu, 28. Oct 10, 23:52

Dude, the M7 is the new M6, so to speak.
It's the space control ship that the X2 M6 was.
Buy an M7 with a hangar.
One word.
Fun....
:)
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Renzakuken

Post by Renzakuken » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 00:00

Sorry i dont think i understand :S

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 00:13

In X2 the M6 Corvette was a super little ship, and I could fly my M5 Harrier to and from it. A pair of M6 - especially those Teladi three shield ships, could control a Sector.
In X3TC, the M7 Frigate has replaced the old M6.
The M7 is available in different types, and importantly, can have none, six or eight hangars for fighters such as M3, M4, M5.
It is a more versatile, flexible, and useful starship to own.
My own M6's used are the Argon Heavy Centaur, and the OTAS Skiron. But again, they cannot carry so much as one fighter.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 00:18

Renzakuken wrote:Ok so i'm testing this boarding lark out. I'm in Blackhole sun and OMG suddenly a Heavy Military Prototype centaur turns up.... so i've got 5 marines, and i engage this guy, i go to the command console and select piracy and select the "board my target" option. Nothing happens :S this guys got 0 shields left and im using plasma burst generators to keep it like that. What's happening?
How close was you to the target ship? If you are too far away they wont launch.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 01:00

DON'T USE THE PIRACY OPTION FOR BOARDING! It's broken because it tries to engage the autopilot to get close no matter how far away you are or how slow the ship you are trying to board is going. It just doesn't work as intended.

The workaround is to go to the Additional Commands and use the Launch all Marines.

The only time you would use the Piracy option is if you are in an M7M so you can select the Marines you want to launch. Even then it's still best to use the Launch all Marines option because it will launch as many marines as can fit on the target ship and it's faster.

Renzakuken

Post by Renzakuken » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 01:33

I think i've got the hang of this now. i tried it on a mamoth, due to their slow moving speeds and the little niche in their chests i can hide in to avoid any turret fire. I need higher skilled marines now :)

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 15:06

i use the piracy all the time when i am capping pirate m2s/m1's
i do the flail thing when attempting...i get like ridiculous close(less than 800 meters or so) on its belly...launch some flails to confuse the guns then shift -c- 3(or 4) enter like twice and on they go

ive capped 3 carracks: for 2 of them i had them 15km or so away coming toward me...launched hammers..then flails then manually launched marines in pods.. (though the ODD thing is on the second one i launched the pods with the carrack having only 9% shields...weird cause betty let me launch them and they didnt die in initial contact...weird but OK it worked)
An object in motion, stays in motion unless acted on by an outside force.
Sir Isaac Newton, The meanest person in space.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 15:13

RicoOcho wrote:i use the piracy all the time when i am capping pirate m2s/m1's
i do the flail thing when attempting...i get like ridiculous close(less than 800 meters or so) on its belly...launch some flails to confuse the guns then shift -c- 3(or 4) enter like twice and on they go

ive capped 3 carracks: for 2 of them i had them 15km or so away coming toward me...launched hammers..then flails then manually launched marines in pods.. (though the ODD thing is on the second one i launched the pods with the carrack having only 9% shields...weird cause betty let me launch them and they didnt die in initial contact...weird but OK it worked)
Reading is key my friend. I said the only time you use that is when you are in an M7M. Using it for spacewalking is just a recipe for disaster since the autopilot kicks in trying to get within ranger to launch the Marines (which happens to be within 1KM of the ship) and then it conflicts with itself since the Marines can only be launched out further than 1KM from the target.... ipsofacto, it barely works for spacewalking due to the collision detection protocol.

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Sat, 30. Oct 10, 14:49

and thats what i get for not reading :D ..my bad you are correct
An object in motion, stays in motion unless acted on by an outside force.
Sir Isaac Newton, The meanest person in space.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”