Argon war against Paranid cripples satellite industry! Mod Assistance needed!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Phobocaster

Argon war against Paranid cripples satellite industry! Mod Assistance needed!

Post by Phobocaster » Sun, 31. Oct 10, 17:43

Hello again X Universe,

I've been running Improved Races with Hot War, and the Argon and Paranid are at it full scale, sending assault fleets upon each other and denying sector access to enemies and sympathisers. Now, the big problem is that until you see an all-out war, you never realise how co-dependent the economies of the Commonwealth races are. For instance, satellites need Majaglit, and the Paranid are the only one who can make that stuff. I am currently at war with the Paranid for RP reasons (i.e. they are responsible the Kha'ak war, they never apologized, these arrogant pricks have gone too far this time, we will not rest until any and all Paranid space installations are destroyed), so I can't supply them myself, and piracy can only get you this much. I need to find some compatible mods which can solve this turmoil somehow, making the Commonwealth races economically independent from their enemies. There's only so much Majaglit you can get from privateering against Paranid transports, and it's not enough to supply all the satellites factories.

Yours truly,
Phobocaster
"Are you declaring war on Paranid?"
"This is not war! This is PEST CONTROL!"

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 31. Oct 10, 18:28

Please allow me a friendly note...

You install a mod to make things more difficult, yet when things really get difficult you look for another to make things easier again.

Why not trying to work through it? It would be more rewarding...

Like... trying to manufacture the majaclit yourself all the needed components, btw, sattelites do sell a lot, its a good source of market and if you are the only one who can provide them... imagine the profits! ;)

In any case, enjoy in the meantime, looks like an interesting situation.

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 31. Oct 10, 18:45

the Teladi should be neutral, so theyll slowly deliver majaglit to the sat factories.

Glimpse
x4

Post by Glimpse » Sun, 31. Oct 10, 22:47

Interesting situation.Wish we could raid shipyards to steal stations.Like you forcibly dock a TL with marines on it and your marines board the station and dependent how well you've trained them,they will steal a few station prefabs.You can even prioritize targets and such.Would be a very valuable addition to the all out war scene.

I could try doing it myself but I have no idea how to get GUI elements going at this point.So if there is someone experienced looking for an idea,this would be a pretty addon.Oh if someone going to incorporate it with their scripts,please release a stand alone will ya?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 1. Nov 10, 05:25

Underlying moral : Never start a war until you already make more than you will ever need of all possible products from races or sectors that will be affected by said war.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 1. Nov 10, 05:34

There is a solution.
You already have the station boarding script, allowing you to use marines to board stations, and the station repacker script that will allow you to basically stuff the boarded station into a TL and take it home.
Just remember to snag a snail ranch while you're at it.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Phobocaster

Post by Phobocaster » Mon, 1. Nov 10, 13:47

Station boarding sounds like an appealing solution. I'll give it a try. Thanks!
"Are you declaring war on Paranid?"
"This is not war! This is PEST CONTROL!"

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”