Tabbing out with SETA on

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Spero
x3

Tabbing out with SETA on

Post by Spero » Tue, 2. Nov 10, 22:24

Just curious how this is done. I've managed it a few times by accident or purely by a full screen app taking over (virus scanner finishing it's scan).

Is there any easier/more reliable way to tab out of X3 with SETA on?

Fanchen
x4

Post by Fanchen » Tue, 2. Nov 10, 22:28

In Reunion it's not possible, afaik.
In TC you have to keep Alt pressed until you release Tab, then it should work. Tab won't throw you out of SETA when Alt is pressed as well.

Fanchen

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Tue, 2. Nov 10, 22:29

Hum, in my game it works...just beware of SETA-is-an-abomination-purists when asking these things. :P

Make sure you have Run on background set as "yes", also I've noticed the following:

I'm now playing on a laptop with a mouse only, no joystick. (this is because my joystick is on the other side of the world, heh)

When I was playing with my X45 Saitek, quite often if I'd go make some food and leave the universe running on SETA to get my marines trained, the SETA would have flicked off. I guess it's because the analogue sensors of the joystick, as this doesn't happen when I don't have the joystick attached.

Your problem sounds a bit different though, not sure how you can change that...on my Win 7 it's really easy to alt-tab out an in, SETA stays on and there's very little delay too.

This is for TC, that is.

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 2. Nov 10, 22:33

In TC you have to keep Alt pressed until you release Tab, then it should work. Tab won't throw you out of SETA when Alt is pressed as well.
this is actually somewhat false.

the reason alt doesnt throw you out of SETA is because the vid enhancement goggles is assigned to alt, if you assign the goggles to something else, then alt will throw you out of SETA.

Spero
x3

Post by Spero » Tue, 2. Nov 10, 22:37

Catra wrote:

the reason alt doesnt throw you out of SETA is because the vid enhancement goggles is assigned to alt, if you assign the goggles to something else, then alt will throw you out of SETA.
Hah, I bound the goggles to ALT (previously removed due to alt tabbing anyway) and it worked, thanks!

As for any SETA purists, there is no way on Earth I'm sitting and watching my marines train. It shouldn't take 6 game days to train marines up to a workable state in the first place.

LynkDead
x3tc

Post by LynkDead » Tue, 2. Nov 10, 22:43

Spero wrote:
Catra wrote:

Hah, I bound the goggles to ALT (previously removed due to alt tabbing anyway) and it worked, thanks!

As for any SETA purists, there is no way on Earth I'm sitting and watching my marines train. It shouldn't take 6 game days to train marines up to a workable state in the first place.
Be aware that if you leave the game running on SETA without doing anything some of your ranks will degrade. Fight Rank, for sure, but I've heard of race ranks degrading as well.

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 2. Nov 10, 22:49

race ranks dont degrade via time.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Wed, 3. Nov 10, 09:58

LynkDead wrote:Be aware that if you leave the game running on SETA without doing anything some of your ranks will degrade. Fight Rank, for sure, but I've heard of race ranks degrading as well.
Trade rank too, unless you have a lot of ST/UTs that would compensate the loss

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”