PBGs are doing no damage.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

[SOLAR]INFERNO
x4

PBGs are doing no damage.

Post by [SOLAR]INFERNO » Fri, 5. Nov 10, 16:21

They stopped last night, I was fighting some pirates in my Hyperion vanguard, and it seemed to take ages to destroy the fighters, I soon realized that it wasn't the PBGs that were damaging the fighters but the Hyperion's turrets. I confirmed that the PBGs were doing no damage by firing on a friendly ship with them, they did no damage whatsoever, the flames simply fired straight through the ship and dispersed on the other side, to double check I dropped a crate of something and tried to fire at them, again they did no damage. I am sure that I was in range, as the Hyperion's nose was nearly touching the friendly ship. I don't know whether it is a script causing the problem.

The scripts I am running include: Cheat collection,Move to Coordinates,The Marauder Shipyard.
Ship mods are:Atlantis City,Battlestar Valkyrie BSG41,Battlestar Galactica BSG 75,Borg Tactical Cube,Corellian Corvette,Dominion Battleship,Federation Leviathan Class,G,Imperial Executor SSD,Mon Calamari Star Cruiser(which doesn't work),Tie Bomber,Tie Defender,Tie Fighter,USS Hannibal,USS Patton 2,USS Yorktown,and Vorlon Star Dreadnaught (B5).

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Fri, 5. Nov 10, 18:10

But they work without mods, right?
Problem solved! :D

[SOLAR]INFERNO
x4

Post by [SOLAR]INFERNO » Fri, 5. Nov 10, 18:37

I installed the mods quite a while ago, the PBGs were working fine until yesterday. So I'm not sure whether it is the mods or not.

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 5. Nov 10, 18:52

er,
the PBG does not begin its "attack" untill the bullet traveled the listed laser distance. so if youre right on top of it, itll miss. :P

[SOLAR]INFERNO
x4

Post by [SOLAR]INFERNO » Fri, 5. Nov 10, 23:00

Catra wrote:er,
the PBG does not begin its "attack" untill the bullet traveled the listed laser distance. so if youre right on top of it, itll miss. :P
I think pretty much any M2 should be wide enough to have the entire flame go through it :P . I very rarely get up close within 200m of the fighters, but I get within 700-800m quite often which, two days ago made it so that the PBGs could hit, now they simply seem to pass through everything, please do not talk as though I don't know when to fire it. I've not seen any other weapons that do no damage to ships or stations, there may be some but I haven't seen any others that have stopped working.

lilstinker
x3tc

Post by lilstinker » Sat, 6. Nov 10, 07:53

If those are the only scripts you have installed my first thought is possibly a setting in the cheat collection.

Perhaps something like no collisions or unlimited laser energy got turned on somehow and caused something wierd to happen in game. Not typical as the script is top notch but not impossible either so i would check everything in there first.

Catra

Post by Catra » Sat, 6. Nov 10, 07:58

please do not talk as though I don't know when to fire it.
I am sure that I was in range, as the Hyperion's nose was nearly touching the friendly ship.
well, according to this, you dont.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”