Freight Drones

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nefas
x4

Freight Drones

Post by nefas » Sat, 6. Nov 10, 23:48

If i use a TL of some sort to collect goods for the goner mission and i put freight drones onboard will it use them automatically to get the stuff from the stations without any additional commands on my part?

I really dont want to actively participate in the first part of the mission and hope i can just put it on autopilot to do that maybe using CLS or something.

Laden Swallow
x3tc

Post by Laden Swallow » Sun, 7. Nov 10, 01:32

Not really, or at least not to fully automate the first few missions.

If you want to 'automate' the missions you would need to get the TL to follow the goner TL, then use CLS and a transporter device to load the TL with the right goods; of course you would need to stop the CLS at the right time or you might end up with a TL full of minerals...

The said, I don't know if you also have to be in the drop off ship at the time the minerals are dropped off...

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 7. Nov 10, 16:40

Pretty sure that for any "deliver x amount of x goods" you need to be in the ship that delivers, but I can't remember for sure if that is the case in the Goner mission...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Tue, 9. Nov 10, 14:40

Ive always had to be flying the ship and be within teleporter range before the Goner TL will take my goods.

Paladin-Solo

Re: Freight Drones

Post by Paladin-Solo » Tue, 9. Nov 10, 17:54

nefas wrote:If i use a TL of some sort to collect goods for the goner mission and i put freight drones onboard will it use them automatically to get the stuff from the stations without any additional commands on my part?

I really dont want to actively participate in the first part of the mission and hope i can just put it on autopilot to do that maybe using CLS or something.
Just Send a freighter to pick up the goods, then tell him to follow the goner ship, and just hop in the freighter when you get around to it to transfer the supplies.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”