Asteroid-less Closed Complex and Mobile Mining

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

enfo13
x3tc

Asteroid-less Closed Complex and Mobile Mining

Post by enfo13 » Sun, 7. Nov 10, 11:05

Quick question for the experienced mobile miners.

I want to build a huge complex in Akeela's beacon and take advantage of the nice energy output. My plan is to supply the silicon and ore to the complex from mobile miners that mine in Aladna Hill.

Am I correct in assuming I can assign a fleet of transport ships set to "mine and trade minerals", and that their mineral source will never run out? And that they will basically return and dump minerals at the complex and set out and mine again without any player intervention... so this functions like a closed complex?

Laden Swallow
x3tc

Post by Laden Swallow » Sun, 7. Nov 10, 11:16

Unfortunately I don't think it will be that easy... Mine and trade minerals will looks for the best price for the minerals, and I think the complex may need the trade with other races set to yes (but I could be wrong in this respect) which would be incompatible with the principle of a self sufficient complex (the npcs will want to sell minerals to you too).

There are other means that are equally (or more) effective that requires a bit more set up.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=15 has a similar discussion.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 7. Nov 10, 11:42

The mine minerals option (not the mine and trade option) will work if they are homebased to the complex. They will mine the minerals and then drop them at the complex. The down side is that they wont go back and continue mining once they have finished, you need to give them the command again.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 7. Nov 10, 16:44

Here's what you do. You have the bonus pack right?

Set up the fleet of mobile miners in Aladna Hill. Set up one TL there, and another in Akeela's. Have three or four Commodity Logistics System ships, preferrably of the Hauler XL, or Superfreighter XL design. One or two of these, depending on the size of your mining fleet, are set up to draw Silicon from the miners while they're actively mining, and deposit at the Aladna Hill TL. This TL is a buffer, to give them a place to store their minerals and go back for more. The next CLS ship takes Silicon from this Buffer TL, and delivers it to a buffer TL in Akeela's Beacon. Now, the last CLS takes Silicon from that buffer and delivers it to the energy complex.

Unless you've got a crystal plex in Aladna, in which case you only need the CLS to drop the silicon off there, and go back for more. It's more efficient to run crystals than it is to run silicon, since they get more gain for less cargo space.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”