The argon invading Paranid prime? X3TC *Spoilers maybe?*

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dargj2
x3tc

The argon invading Paranid prime? X3TC *Spoilers maybe?*

Post by dargj2 » Mon, 8. Nov 10, 22:11

I was just flying through Paranid Prime on auto piliot and to my surprise I see an Argon Titan and Cerberus attacking the paranid trading dock there. No sooner is it reduced to a wreck then a Paranid zeus approaches and opens fire on the titan, it soon being also reduced to ash

I don't have any scripts installed that causes races to go to war, so is this normal? I've never witnessed a main race invading another's space before.

Edited for grammar and spelling.
Last edited by dargj2 on Mon, 8. Nov 10, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 8. Nov 10, 22:12

perfectly normal.

dargj2
x3tc

Post by dargj2 » Mon, 8. Nov 10, 22:16

The titans now getting stuck into the equipment dock. Paranid Prime will be completely destroyed unless some Paranid capitals show up :P

Eternall_00
x3tc

Post by Eternall_00 » Mon, 8. Nov 10, 22:19

Split/Boron and Argon/Paranid skirmishes happen quite frequently in sectors close to both factions. Will also see agressive pirate/race conflicts from time to time. Great chance to increase your bank account by picking up crates after the dust settles.

dargj2
x3tc

Post by dargj2 » Mon, 8. Nov 10, 22:33

Yes some nice weapons actually, just called my Hyperion to come clean it all up :P

dargj2
x3tc

Post by dargj2 » Mon, 8. Nov 10, 22:35

Out of interest how long does it take for the shipyard/equipment dock to respawn usually?

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Mon, 8. Nov 10, 22:45

I've seen skirmishes in Emperor Mines and yesterday a Cerberus was doing damage in Priest's Pity, only scraps of Majaglit left over though.
Never seen the Argon attack the Paranid home sector though, wow, they must have taken out the Oddyseus before you got there.

Along the same lines as my plan for the universe actually. Why settle with one sector when you can take over a race, all the other races are too spread out to control effectively. And they won't sell me stuff I want :P
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

dargj2
x3tc

Post by dargj2 » Mon, 8. Nov 10, 22:54

Thats sort of my long term plan:P Once I have the player HQ and some a good wad of cash im going to set up base in the unknown sector between Montalaar and new income. There are two nice juicy ore and silicon roids there which should support my future ship building frenzy. First I take and hold the pirate sectors from havticlas faith onwards, then maybe paranid space :D

Argon tactican Justin
x3tc

Post by Argon tactican Justin » Tue, 9. Nov 10, 01:36

This kind of thing happens frequently :o ? Odd.... I've only seen this kind of thing twice, both times when a Paranid fleet attacked Argon Prime after flying through Home of Light without firing at anything. Both times were right after I attacked a Paranid freighter in Argon Prime, so I naturally assumed that this was retaliation for those incidents. How often do invasions happen, anyways?
"I have not yet begun to fight!"- John Paul Jones

rpetiger
x3tc

Post by rpetiger » Tue, 9. Nov 10, 02:23

It is not everyday, but I have seen some major conflicts, mostly between pirates and military.

I am not bloodthirsty myself. I don't have any ambitions to conquer the galaxy.

I thought the SY were invincible.

Lethal_Sting
x3tc

Post by Lethal_Sting » Tue, 9. Nov 10, 15:09

I had a major battle in Pres End. There was a Paranid Zeus with complement of fighters as well as a Deimos. They were making towards the east when an Argon Armada popped through the west gate. I'm talking a Titan, 3 Cerberus, handful of novas. I'm thinking, oh well the Zeus has a speed advantage, they'll just zip outta here.

Titan captain must have talked smack as that Zeus turned round. The Paranid were soundly crushed, and all of the Argon capitals shook off with shields still intact.

Was a crazy scene with everything firing... CFA, PPC, PBG, ID...

Come to think of it, might have had fraps running, if so I might upload :wink:
Command those who conquer others.

cmd craven
x4

Post by cmd craven » Tue, 9. Nov 10, 16:44

once i entered Interworld only discover that it have been totaly wiped out, no stations at all, thinking WTF major game load fail, twice reload, same problem. desided to skip interworld, jumped to wasteland and find a paranid fleet going rampage, so there where no problems when entering interworld.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Tue, 9. Nov 10, 17:36

I like th eoccaional suprise in this game. My fav was in x3 reunion ( though I have no doubt same could happen here ) There was an entire fleet of boron fighters shooting up split civilians and police. I knew those fish people could not be trusted. Probably eat otehr races when no one else is looking.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”