[WIP] Venator Continued

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AgentX250

[WIP] Venator Continued

Post by AgentX250 » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 14:04

this is a continuum of the venator project started by ozwookie here

This is the MOD thread all problems will be answered/posted in the SUPPORT thread here

details are planned as follows:

1. this ship will be an M1/M2
2. it will have 4 heavy dual turrets on either side of the command bridge (aft tower)
3. secondary broadside guns to be worked out (see 6)
4. side, front, top, and bottom hangers are all canon. where they go depends on what you want and who ends up putting them in.
5. there will not be main cockpit view guns (like in M3-M7 class ships)
6. medium or heavy broadside guns may be sandwiched between the upper and lower hull plating.
7. forward facing turrets are POSSIBLE but not likely
8. there will be a large hanger (temp code has 80 slots, might be reduced a little) and planned to hold 4 M6s (if we can get that working)
9. defensive guns will be limited since the high number of fighter slots and larger cargo hold

what we need:

1. some one who can work custom projectiles

what we have already:

1. model
2. main broadside turrets (thanks mace24de)
3. secondary broadside turrets (mace24de & Anubitus)
4. tertiary AAA turrets (mace 24de & Anubitus)

any one interested should pm me.

current team members and jobs
Agent X - team leader/basic coding
Anubitus - model work

this is a pic of the rough version.
[ external image ]

RC1 http://www.mediafire.com/?z6bw0so7wo3br5t this is a Release candidate, basically a late stage beta. the final version will have extended compatibility
thank you for you're interest and please take time to read the thread.[/url]
Last edited by AgentX250 on Mon, 21. Feb 11, 23:13, edited 12 times in total.

urbanfreak

Post by urbanfreak » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 15:24

try asking the russians/germans in the other forum.. There aren't many Modelers here in the english forum actually.. A lot of scripters though..
[ external image ][ external image ]
If you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?

AgentX250

Post by AgentX250 » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 07:42

thats helpful, thanks.

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 12:32

what specifically needs to be done on the model? if its just turrets then i have experience with that. i added guns to an isd model that had ****** turret placement.

AgentX250

Post by AgentX250 » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 19:49

from the original thread it looks like some texturing needs to be done, we do need turrets made for the secondary broadside gun placements. it also mentions poly errors including the for-deck and the bridge towers (dont know where else). but for the record idk what kind of shape its in or if it even has textures with it.

edit: we also need turret place holders (or what ever they are called) for the secondary broadside guns done.

weasal11
x4

Post by weasal11 » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 00:35

So do you actually have the model file?
or is it going to be made from scratch?

aj911501
x3tc

Post by aj911501 » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 08:49

Hey, isn't there an old mod Reunion Star Wars mod floating around with a Venator model in it? I know that their model needed some help, but is it possible to start from there, or is it easier to start new?

Edit:
Yeah, this should be the link.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=204348

HogMaster

Post by HogMaster » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 11:38

The model from that mod needs major corrections:

1) The bow is pointed and not how is should be.
2) The glow on the ship's decks is too much, you can hardly see the sides of the ship due to the lights.

This is where you can download the model this thread is on about:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... revstart=0

The above Venator model was uploaded to the game by the first guy who attempted this (but vanished), use the link in the first post to see 2 screens he posted.

AgentX250

Post by AgentX250 » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 18:33

ya we have the sketch up file with the model. I assume its easier to use this than to start new or use the model from the mod (it doesnt look too canon). we have the main cannons thanks to mace24de which he made for this ship a ways back.

i'll edit the OP to reflect the model link and the turret status.

Matri
x3tc

Post by Matri » Sun, 14. Nov 10, 07:55

If there will be a custom bridge (cockpit) to go with this ship, it will be the icing on the very delicious cake.

AgentX250

Post by AgentX250 » Sun, 14. Nov 10, 11:29

what exactly did you have in mind? I'm open to suggestion.

Matri
x3tc

Post by Matri » Sun, 14. Nov 10, 14:05

Doesn't have to be exact, just something similar.

Here's the only pic I could find from the Star Wars Wikia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Venator_bridge.jpg

The angle's a little off, but they seem to like the design so much they kept the layout of the bridge virtually unchanged. The Venator's bridge is pretty much a smaller version of the Star Destroyer's.

AgentX250

Post by AgentX250 » Sun, 14. Nov 10, 15:31

so you want a partial internal veiw? i'm sure it could be done but b/c of the vertical walls that seperate the panes it might be a bit obtrusive. maybe if you limit the view angle to something between the side walls of the panes, then you'd have the top and bottom. if you want sketch up a picture of how you'd like it (pencil & paper is fine ) scan it and i'll send you my email add.

Matri
x3tc

Post by Matri » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 00:32

Well, it doesn't have to be exact. Creative liberties can be taken like making the bars smaller or something.

In any case, I'm useless at this. Just thought I would throw in a suggestion.

AgentX250

Post by AgentX250 » Tue, 16. Nov 10, 06:41

progress, Anubitus has offered to help with teh model. this means we will have some idea of were exctly the model stands quality wise and have an idea of what exactly has to be done to get it working and in game.

matri gave a good suggestion for the main cockpit view, and it is likely it will be used to some extent on this ship, thanks matri.

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Tue, 16. Nov 10, 12:46

ask eviljedi and see if he would donate one of his models. for those of you who dont know he runs the homeworld 2 star wars mod and they have hundreds of ships which are all built to the specifications of the books movies and other cannon media.

AgentX250

Post by AgentX250 » Sat, 20. Nov 10, 16:20

it may come to that, anubitus tells me that there are a lot of inverted polys, on top of that i asked if he'd re texture it with the games textures to help get it into the game. if he's up to it we'll use this model, if not i'll ask eviljedi.

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Mon, 22. Nov 10, 08:05

here is a little update on how the ship is progressing..

due to the fact that there are a lot of inverted polygons aswell as double polygons present on the model, progress is going a bit slow.. im still in the process of correcting this..

i did a texture of the model i had however and the Terran textures fit the model perfecly..

the top turrets are converted and work perfecly fine..

so now a little question: could you guys help me find some canon resourses about the stats and the armament of this ship..? also how the smaller turrets should look like because atm i dont have a clue..

here are some links i used to get the info i have:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Venator- ... _Destroyer
http://www.starwars.com/databank/starsh ... index.html

here is a picture about the size of the ship atm, but understand that nothing you see in the following pictures is final..

[ external image ]

pics of the ship ingame

[ external image ] [ external image ]

regards

AnU

Matri
x3tc

Post by Matri » Mon, 22. Nov 10, 13:44

Looks lovely. I'm sure it's just the perspective, but in the second screenshot the bow looks a little long.

Also, and I'm pretty sure of this: I don't think anyone has ever seen any of the auxiliary turbolasers fire, so we really have no idea where they go.

The closest information regarding this comes from the Battlefront II game. Mini-sized cube turrets (similar to those in the Death Star trench) line the hull in-between the top & bottom hull platings all along the sides, as well as dotting the top surface of the ship.

AgentX250

Post by AgentX250 » Mon, 22. Nov 10, 21:55

not to be a smart ass but,

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

the secondary 'turrets' are actually point-defence guns, the real secondary turrets are the ones in the second pic. anyway the point-defence guns will be mounted in turrets, just have to figure out what i want them to look like, any opinion on this is welcome.
Last edited by AgentX250 on Sat, 15. Jan 11, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”