[TC] Stuck in Kha'ak Sector 841

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SirDeity
x3tc

Stuck in Kha'ak Sector 841

Post by SirDeity » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 05:27

I just finished one of the final fury missions in sector 841 (where I had to defend the station). It took forever because the kha'ak never stop spawning. I spent about 4 hours fighting... just docked at station now because I don't have enough energy cells to jump out. What can I do? I don't want to throw away the past 4-5 hours of gameplay by reloading to an older save. Are there any other options? How do I get the heck out of here?

LynkDead
x3tc

Post by LynkDead » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 05:39

In every single isolated sector (read: one with no gates connecting to a place to buy energy cells) I've seen crates floating around filled with e-cells.

I've seen these crates in Kha'ak sectors and UFJD sectors. Just fly around for a bit, you'll find some. Either that or have another one of your ships jump in with some E-cells for you (preferably a transport of some kind so it has enough cells for you and itself to jump back out).

Evil Prodigy

Post by Evil Prodigy » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 05:51

argh... spoilers... download and install the cheat scripts /// experience.
The Evil Prodigy Private Military Company (EPPMC) - Death on Delivery.
Ganjawhiskey also available.
§©☺Г¢ҢΞÐ۩۞۩ΣДЯ†├┤

☺S¢ØRC├┤ЄÐ☺

cmd craven
x4

Post by cmd craven » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 17:08

fly to the center of the sector and call in a freigther with lots of E cells, tranfor and jump both ships out

SirDeity
x3tc

Post by SirDeity » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 18:26

I just bit my tongue and reloaded... was a huge waste of time. I didn't have any other ships fitted with jump drive so I couldn't simply have one buy some ecells and jump to deliver to me. I would have had to sit in station and instruct ship to trade 20 systems to buy the jump drive and solar cells then have it jump to me. Seemed like a waste of more hours so I decided to cut my losses.

On a side note, it seems really lame that the developers didn't either leave enough e-cell floating (scattered around) in space (120 min.) to jump out of the system OR have the station in the sector (which you just defended) sell them. I had 280 cells when I first jumped in but for some reason I only had about 46 remaining which was insufficient to jump out. It must have used a lot more than I anticipated when I jumped back to the same system again during the battle to get away from the kha'ak so that I could regenerate my shields. Anyway, it's all good now. Thanks for the replies.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 18:53

If you had the UFJD you could have jumped using that, collect E-cells in the UFJD sector and all should have been good.

In any case, flying to a sector with no gates and not having enough e-cells is not the developers fault, its your bad planing, THINK ;-)

MFG

Ketraar

Tracker001
x3tc

Post by Tracker001 » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 19:06

When I find myself in such dier straits I creat a new save while docked (if I have "no" bought save ability) ,that way i have not lost the previous 4 hours if something unexpected comes up while waiting for an e-cell supply.

Elipsis
x4

Post by Elipsis » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 21:23

What about flying in a transport ship and beaming yourself some energy cells from it?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”