combat issues with joystick and mouse

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Reliku
x4

combat issues with joystick and mouse

Post by Reliku » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 06:13

Hi

I just got x3 reunion from Stream and I have been playing x2 before that...yes I am many years behind...
Anyway I am running it on Vista home preimum 32, the issue I am having is I cant hit. I survive the first mission with the patrol with half hull, then I got to mission 2 and got wiped on the first wave. I have not had this problem with X2, at least I was able to handle 3 m6 and 2 m3's assassin missions with relative ease using a Nova in X2. I use a Thrust master T-Flight Hotas X currently...broke my old Saitex Cyborg 3D playing X2(snapped the trigger), I had read the forum and tried the mouse method like freelancer, that was worse...at least with the joystick I got 1 kill in the first mission, mouse I couldnt even hit...feeling like a crap pilot with X3. Cannot buy the computer assist targeting system either as I dont have the rank, anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

Evil Prodigy

Post by Evil Prodigy » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 06:22

OMG Saitek Cyborg 3D lol you just brought so many memories of fighter games on that stick....

Anyway, you may want to trade for a bit before you fight, just so you can afford the better targetting system. You can also try strafing left and right slight amounts to create a spread for your shots. Putting your opponent above your horizon and strafing upwards while following him will line your shots up nicely.

x3 seems less forgiving, compared to being able to shoot in the general area and getting hits
The Evil Prodigy Private Military Company (EPPMC) - Death on Delivery.
Ganjawhiskey also available.
§©☺Г¢ҢΞÐ۩۞۩ΣДЯ†├┤

☺S¢ØRC├┤ЄÐ☺

Reliku
x4

Post by Reliku » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 18:08

mission 2 is the one with you being a gunnery crew for a transport, defending against pirates. I can strafe wile operating a turret??
No targeting computer in that goner transport either from what I saw before we blew up :cry:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”