XBTF and Extreme 3d pro joystick throttle not being recognized

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Zaldar
x3tc

XBTF and Extreme 3d pro joystick throttle not being recognized

Post by Zaldar » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 22:08

ok have the x superbox and trying to play the game in the correct order to enjoy the story. So starting with the first one. Doing the opening of the game and it tells me to increase to max speed. Ok no problem, move throttle up nothing happens....using an extreme 3d pro joystick. Would hate to have to go back to actually using the keyboard.

Also didn't recognize I had the game all ready which was a bit odd..found bioshock and dues x two games I had never considered using a joystick for.

Use throttle on settings is clicked and the option to reverse throttle and ruder is not. Everything else seems to work perfectly so would love to be able to use the throttle as well!

Zaldar
x3tc

no ideas eh?

Post by Zaldar » Sat, 13. Nov 10, 19:41

I booted up x 3 to see if it worked there and it did...but it looks like you have to use both the joystick and the mouse to control that one eh. But don't want to mess with that one until I have messed with the others. So please help me out ok ;)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 10:55

It's been a while, but I seem to remember that joystick throttle controls simply don't work in X-BTF under newer OSes.

Zaldar
x3tc

Post by Zaldar » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 05:14

crap.....anyway to get it to run on this operating system as if it was under and old one and would that work? I have the steam version if that makes a difference.

Can anyone confirm this?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 10:27

You could try setting the shortcut to launch the game in Windows 98 compatibility mode. There's no guarantee it would work but it would be worth a try. I do also vaguely remember reading a thread in which someone said they'd found a solution that worked under later OSes, but finding that thread could be more than a little tricky.

Zaldar
x3tc

Post by Zaldar » Thu, 18. Nov 10, 05:00

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=117354

Is this the thread you were referring to? (I just used the saved search for xbtf) Want to make sure there isn't something better before I try this because I'm not sure if it would still work on the most recent versions of windows (I am running windows seven currently...and I have the steam version of the game).

May give it a go if this is what you were referring to. Thanks!

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”