[TC] Repairing a complex station.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lokpique
x3tc

Repairing a complex station.

Post by lokpique » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 06:32

OK, I have been searching through and have not found anything yet, so maybe some advice or a pointer to where I should look for an answer would be awesome... so here is my situation...

I have a station within a complex which is in need of repair (8%) and I am having trouble locating it. My newer complexes all have named stations so I am able to locate them within the grid, but this is an older complex which I created before doing this.

Is there any way to repair them, or should I just continue what I'm doing... which is "fly station to station spamming repair lasers in my space suit for 10 mins at a time to see if the number changes"?

Am I missing something? Is there any way to identify a station within a complex other than the way I do it now (which is just naming them after their position before connecting them)?

*EDIT*

OK, on second thought, shooting them and looking at the shields instead helped me identify which station... but I am still curious if my repair laser is my only option, or is there some way that is comparable to repairing a ship at a shipyard?

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 10:17

Is the Station down at 8 % (=8% hull) or by 8% (=92% hull) ? In the latter case I wouldn't care. As the shields recharge you have a reasonable 'warning time' before another attack could seriously damage your Complex.

If the station is at 8% hull and if the Complex is exposed to heavy risks you might repair the station with your repair-laser (fix CTRL on your keyboard and go ... fishing ;)). Or you exchange the station: put another one, destroy (selfdestruction) the CCC, destroy the damaged station and build the whole complex together again.

But as such an operation is expensive you might take the risk of just ignoring the damage. In my experience it is rare that another attacker picks exactly the same station for the next attack. That means: shared risk = less risk.

lokpique
x3tc

Post by lokpique » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 12:00

It's at 8%.

I ended up repairing it to about 15% and I'll hope it lives... if it does it will save me the trouble of destroying it myself I guess.

BTW... I use an x52 controller, and for anyone else using one, and empty toilet paper roll works AWESOME for holding down fire!

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 16:56

What happened to your station to cause it to fall so dangerously low in health? Was it attacked or is it slowly dying due to collision with another station in your complex? If it's colliding you may need to destruct it and build a new one.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 17:10

dont destruct it if its a mine, as you wont get that asteroid back. ;)

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 17:28

Catra wrote:dont destruct it if its a mine, as you wont get that asteroid back. ;)
WHOA! Yeah - my bad, forgot to mention that. In that case try and find what's colliding with it and either destroy it or move it with a tractor beam.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 19:40

There are no viable options for repairing a space station. Unless you consider the space suit repair laser "viable". :roll:

I'm not even sure there are any mods for it.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 20:04

Bobucles wrote:There are no viable options for repairing a space station. Unless you consider the space suit repair laser "viable". :roll:

I'm not even sure there are any mods for it.
marine repairs

lokpique
x3tc

Post by lokpique » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 22:39

jwigeland wrote:What happened to your station to cause it to fall so dangerously low in health? Was it attacked or is it slowly dying due to collision with another station in your complex? If it's colliding you may need to destruct it and build a new one.
It is most definitely not a collision problem. I had a pirate party having their way with it while I was doing the OFF missions and simply missed the betty message telling me about it.

I always listen and watch the shields on stations after I drop them, and always have a tractor beam ready to go in case I do end up making them touch.

The repair laser works, although it is very slow... "viable" does not have to include "efficient" in the definiton haha.

The station is only a crystal fab, so if it ends up getting ploked in the next pirate attack it will be an easy fix anyways. If it was an asteroid I would have been too busy crying to post a question.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”