[TC] 150000 units of teladinadinadinadinadinam?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

philip_hughes
x3tc

150000 units of teladinadinadinadinadinam?

Post by philip_hughes » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 07:33

Now I remember why I didn't finish the hub missions the first time...

*Takes a breath, steels himself and buys a couple of freighters.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 07:45

RandomBandit wrote:This is what you will need for each set (I have filled this in as I went, so it is accurate as of X3:TC 2.6).

HUB:
* 400 x Computer Components
* 500 x Microchips
* 10,000 x Energy Cells (Gate Pair 1)
* 150,000 x Teladianium
* 450,000 x Ore
* 500 x Nividium
* 250,000 x Crystals (Gate Pair 2)
* 15,000,000 x Credits
* 400,000 x Silicon Wafers
* 75,000 x Microchips (Gate Pair 3)
Source post.

The real pains in the... back are the microchips. I'm glad I'm done with this plot.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 08:25

meh, the requirements, are pretty low IMO.

If you wanna make it interestin, pirate your way through the plot. :pirat:

Ozkar
x3tc

Post by Ozkar » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 08:32

hmmm I forgot about the Crystals and Silicon... Although at present rate my 35 chip fabs should finish that part in 6 game days, lol... Never made it past the Nividium part... really hoping I can push through this time around!

Good luck on your go at it Philip!
Give me a mamba or give me death!

texyuk
x3tc

Post by texyuk » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 08:49

Thunders wrote:
RandomBandit wrote:This is what you will need for each set (I have filled this in as I went, so it is accurate as of X3:TC 2.6).

HUB:
* 400 x Computer Components
* 500 x Microchips
* 10,000 x Energy Cells (Gate Pair 1)
* 150,000 x Teladianium
* 450,000 x Ore
* 500 x Nividium
* 250,000 x Crystals (Gate Pair 2)
* 15,000,000 x Credits
* 400,000 x Silicon Wafers
* 75,000 x Microchips (Gate Pair 3)
Source post.

The real pains in the... back are the microchips. I'm glad I'm done with this plot.
.is this still good for V3 ?

Yeah, I,ve just started this mission - very scary ammounts and is gonna take a lot of time. I even kicked off a few microchip labs, but they will only hold like 40 per fact!!

Texy

Ozkar
x3tc

Post by Ozkar » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 09:50

You will need more than a few chip fabs if you want to finish in a Game week or less. 50 microchip fabs will produce 500 chips and hour which will take 170 game hours to make 85,000. And I am running v3 so yes, those numbers are accurate. Early versions of the game required something like 750,000 crystals and 250,000 chips, so be glad the new requirements are so "low" :lol:
Give me a mamba or give me death!

bonalste
x4

Post by bonalste » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 10:24

They're all pretty easy except the chips at the end. Teladianium is a cinch - buy a few factories (I complexed 5 together) and buy the rest. Teladianium is ten-a-penny. It'll be done in next to no time. The ore is also very easy. I had 4 ore mines, I think, and I bought the rest. It was done very quickly.

Now, the crystals were a different matter. I made a complex which produced crystals around my 2 ore mines in mines of fortune. I think there were 10 crystal fabs. That didn't take too long. Then I turned off the crystal fabs and concentrated on the silicon mines I'd put in the complex (3 of them). Silicon took a little time but was easier than the crystals, as you can pretty much buy them all from NPC mines.

Then the microchips... I turned everything on in my complex and added 15 chip plants, 20 1MJs and 20 Bliss Places/Dream Farms and SPPs to close-loop it. Makes loads of money - enough to afford another two 20 chip plant closed loop complexes, in Barren Shores and in Faded Dreams. They don't make money, but they've made a dent in the chips.

Right now it's been many game days (over a week, I'm sure) and I still have over 28,000 microchips to go. I'd recommend making more factories than me (I made 55) - probably twice that if you can afford it. I've just been banging off the plots while I wait, and am about to finish my 14 flail/12 hammer closed loop complex in asteroid belt to begin boarding ops (which I have never, ever tried!), so yes, it is recommended that you leave some plots and other things to do while you wait for the chips to be produced, because you'll be waiting a while!

texyuk
x3tc

Post by texyuk » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 12:22

...and how many freighters do you use to transport all the goods?
Do you assign the hub as home base and order them to 'buy for best price' ?

Cheers,
Texy

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 12:55

*Fwibble.

Have exams in 2 days time so I don't have that much time to spend hunting for stuff! Think I'll get to it after thats done. I'm scrapping the freighter idea and looking elsewhere. I'm friends with the yaki so orokakokes storm is looking inviting as a place to set up a super fab. Also Senators Badlands seems to have lots o' silicon.

Think I'll just send a freighter with an ore scoop to Kingdom end for Nividium. This shouldn't take more than a year... :wink:
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 13:18

As long as it's OOS, it'll take about an hour.

Morias
x3tc

Post by Morias » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 13:35

Teladinium and Ore are easy using CLS2. Crystals I'm not up to yet but I guess would be prohibitally expensive to try to purchase. Silicon - turn off the crystal fabs and use the silicon for hub. Chips has been well explained :P

To use CLS Mk2 to do your Teladinium, Ore (and potentially Silicon):
Train up however many CLS pilots you need using this method to Logistician rank: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=277232 (I use 8 )

Buy how ever many cheap XL freighters you decide to use (same number as CLS pilots). Equip with max engine tuning (but not cargo or rudder) CLS Mk2, Nav Command, basic shielding, jumpdrives and 1000 Ecells.

Set autojump to Yes, range:1, fuel resupply:100 jumps for all TS

Transfer your trained CLS2 pilots to the TSs

On the first TS, click Command Console; Trade; Start External Comm Logs...; Generate Waypoints; Choose a central sector; enter distance: 30; Minerals; Ore (or teladinium/silicon); Average Product Price; Maximum Cargospace; scroll to the end of the generated list and click Add Station; Choose HUB unknown sector; Choose HUB; Unload; Minerals; Ore (or teladinium/silicon); Maximum Cargospace

Now in the CLS menu choose: Data Storage; Save Data; Select a slot; Give it a name

Now click "Start External Commodity Logistics" to set him going.

On the rest of the TSs click: Command Console; Trade; Start ECL; Data Storage; Load Data; select the save; then Start External Commodity Logistics.

You've now got a load of ships scouring the known universe for any ore they can buy for average or better price. To speed up the process I'd advise adding a single TS ferrying ECells to your HUB so that when your freighters dock they auto resupply with ecells and dont have to travel to a SSP.

To speed it up even more you can set the buying price higher than average when generating the waypoints (meaning potentially less travelling time for the TS), however this will of course cost more.

For time to complete, I've got 8 TS doing this and they have done 200,000 ore in about 18 hours game time. Not the fastest, or probably the cheapest way of doing this, but for sure the easiest to set up.

M

aladonahill
x3tc

Post by aladonahill » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 21:23

I've been sort of stalled on this mission at the crystals. About another 175,000 to go. Ugh.

I have the credits to set up a bunch of crystal fab complexes c/w ships to do the running around, but my resolve wavered after setting up two. So with those and with some hub-homebased shilps out buying crystals, the mission limps along at about 1000 crystals each time I play a few hours.

I dunno. I am a big fan of this game, but this mission is the one that makes me want to sulk. Or cheat. I don't know which.

I know the requirements for crystals were toned down -- it was 450,000 in one of the earlier versions I believe, and then reduced to 250,000. But, man, it is still a bit overwhelming.

I wish it were more like 100,000 crystals. Wishng, wishing.....ah, didn't work.

:(

Paladin-Solo

Post by Paladin-Solo » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 21:27

Morias wrote:Teladinium and Ore are easy using CLS2. Crystals I'm not up to yet but I guess would be prohibitally expensive to try to purchase. Silicon - turn off the crystal fabs and use the silicon for hub. Chips has been well explained :P

To use CLS Mk2 to do your Teladinium, Ore (and potentially Silicon):
Train up however many CLS pilots you need using this method to Logistician rank: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=277232 (I use 8 )

Buy how ever many cheap XL freighters you decide to use (same number as CLS pilots). Equip with max engine tuning (but not cargo or rudder) CLS Mk2, Nav Command, basic shielding, jumpdrives and 1000 Ecells.

Set autojump to Yes, range:1, fuel resupply:100 jumps for all TS

Transfer your trained CLS2 pilots to the TSs

On the first TS, click Command Console; Trade; Start External Comm Logs...; Generate Waypoints; Choose a central sector; enter distance: 30; Minerals; Ore (or teladinium/silicon); Average Product Price; Maximum Cargospace; scroll to the end of the generated list and click Add Station; Choose HUB unknown sector; Choose HUB; Unload; Minerals; Ore (or teladinium/silicon); Maximum Cargospace

Now in the CLS menu choose: Data Storage; Save Data; Select a slot; Give it a name

Now click "Start External Commodity Logistics" to set him going.

On the rest of the TSs click: Command Console; Trade; Start ECL; Data Storage; Load Data; select the save; then Start External Commodity Logistics.

You've now got a load of ships scouring the known universe for any ore they can buy for average or better price. To speed up the process I'd advise adding a single TS ferrying ECells to your HUB so that when your freighters dock they auto resupply with ecells and dont have to travel to a SSP.

To speed it up even more you can set the buying price higher than average when generating the waypoints (meaning potentially less travelling time for the TS), however this will of course cost more.

For time to complete, I've got 8 TS doing this and they have done 200,000 ore in about 18 hours game time. Not the fastest, or probably the cheapest way of doing this, but for sure the easiest to set up.

M
Or you could just set them up as CaGs and be done with it, and then just remove the ware from the list or blacklist them as you complete parts of the hub.

TryckSh0t
x3ap

Post by TryckSh0t » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 22:09

aladonahill wrote:I've been sort of stalled on this mission at the crystals. About another 175,000 to go. Ugh.

I have the credits to set up a bunch of crystal fab complexes c/w ships to do the running around, but my resolve wavered after setting up two. So with those and with some hub-homebased shilps out buying crystals, the mission limps along at about 1000 crystals each time I play a few hours.

I dunno. I am a big fan of this game, but this mission is the one that makes me want to sulk. Or cheat. I don't know which.

I know the requirements for crystals were toned down -- it was 450,000 in one of the earlier versions I believe, and then reduced to 250,000. But, man, it is still a bit overwhelming.

I wish it were more like 100,000 crystals. Wishng, wishing.....ah, didn't work.

:(
If you don't mind getting whacked with a modified tag, ApricotSlice has a set of MODs that change the amount of resources required for the Hub. I'd recommend his 'Hard' version, as it's still a bit challenging without being completely ridiculous, IIRC the computer components and microchips are unchanged, and everything after that is 10% less than normal.

Linky: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226623 , scroll down and you'll find the different versions, with the details of what's changed.

RandomBandit
x3tc

Post by RandomBandit » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 23:57

Through the HUB plot I had a pair of 5x chip plants running and unloading into TLs via M4s (I think they where M4s).

To get the teladinadinadinadinadinam, I made 'Teladianium Towers'. It was simply a 5x2 grouping of Teladianium plants all complexed together. They just kept pulling from my self-sustaining XL-SPP complex until the order was filled. Now they are running their product out to various 'distribution stations' (TCs I have around in popular sectors).

The two rocks are easy. I have two MMBSs mining minerals with orders to deliver to the HUB [attached to the system being mined] , but I have their docked 'fighters' running the ore to the HUB, so the MMBSs never dock and just keep mining forever. I also have a miner-TS fleet, but I have to keep giving them the order to mine...so I did it when I remembered they exist.

Nivi was tough, until I stumbled upon some.

Crystals where supplied by my XL-SPP complex.

also, throughout this I has a small armada of TSs homebased to the HUB buying what I needed.

I still have about 25k Microchips to go, but I am not in a rush.

<(This route is going to be slower than uber-complexing for everything, but it does work with enough time...best to start while you have other plots available to entertain yourself in)>
<X3tc 2.0> patched up to 3.1 (No BonusPack)
<X3ap>
I do not use scripts/mods.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Tue, 16. Nov 10, 00:09

I set up about 60 chip Plants at the same time as 10 L Teladianim factories; by the time I'd done the rest I was still 15,000 Chips short. An Aran or two can be useful for storing chips (as well as giving you something else to do whilst you're waiting).
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

rpetiger
x3tc

Post by rpetiger » Tue, 16. Nov 10, 01:04

I am not too bothered. I already had a few complexes set up. One in Avarice, one in Rolk's Legacy.

My complex in Avarice turned into a partial failure. Still, it is a good source of Ecells, Silicon, ore crystals. I tacked on some Teladianium facts for good measure, though I dont need those anymore.

The plot will finish without me needing to do much.

I am at the nividium right now, but that is only a matter of time.

For chips, I have 12 chip plants in Rolks legacy, and have 2 TL class ships in system with Freighters hauling chips to them. I also have an M7 to protect those, but I am going to place my new Ray there also.

kotorone1
x3tc

Post by kotorone1 » Tue, 16. Nov 10, 01:54

and how much of this must i finish to get my PHQ?

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Tue, 16. Nov 10, 01:58

All of it. The PHQ plot starts about 6 game hours after finishing the Hub one.

kotorone1
x3tc

Post by kotorone1 » Tue, 16. Nov 10, 02:16

Dang it!!! there goes the next 2 months of my life

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”