Rogue Wingman? Kill....Kill!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KaptainObvious

Rogue Wingman? Kill....Kill!

Post by KaptainObvious » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 06:25

I gave my wingman the Attack Shields command on several runs and he just plows through targets. Is there something more to change orders from protect me to attack shields?

K.O.

Canefox
x3tc

Post by Canefox » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 12:46

Well they'll keep firing until they see the enemy's shields are down but there may still be bullets flying through the air that will hit the target and start pounding on the hull. Maybe try give your wingmen some weaker weapons. Btw, what are your wingmen flying, with what weapons, and what are you attacking? If it's something weak like a freighter then I'm not surprised your wingmen are toasting them. This is after all meant to be used against things like corvettes, frigates, and other capital craft with lots of shields and hull to prep them for boarding.

KaptainObvious

Post by KaptainObvious » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 16:07

He shredded through a "P" and a Durks Freighter I wanted to capture. Shields were down and I could still see him firing. So does the Atk Shld command work well for you? If so it must be something I am doing wrong.

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 19:58

attack shield doesnt take into account bullets that are "in the air", so its best to equip shield suppresors with 1 or 2 guns.

Paladin-Solo

Post by Paladin-Solo » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 20:54

Catra wrote:attack shield doesnt take into account bullets that are "in the air", so its best to equip shield suppresors with 1 or 2 guns.
Or weapons that basically do nothing to hulls, like IREs.

sjones25
x3tc

Post by sjones25 » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 22:44

If they have any turrets set to anything other than missiles only, I think they will continue to fire at enemies, no matter what the ship's other orders are.

Canefox
x3tc

Post by Canefox » Thu, 18. Nov 10, 12:13

Try using fighters that can use PBEs. They'll munch through shields and to very little hull damage. Also since PBE bullets fly so fast you won't have to worry about stray bullets still flying through space once the shields are down unlike HEPTs or even PACs.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”