[TC] Ticked off my paranid buddies.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Whisperer
x3tc

Ticked off my paranid buddies.

Post by Whisperer » Fri, 19. Nov 10, 00:14

don't know if there's something wrong with my game or not, but i've got sort of a little problem with my paranid friends.

I'm not realy much of a fighting person, but after looking at those hyperions, i've decided it whas about that time i'd force the paranid to share one of those sexy ships with me. Agains my beleves i went to Elena's Fortune, bought a boarding team, told them to kindly remove the crew of one of those hyperions and made them transfere controll to me.

First boarding-op ever and all went like clockwork. Everything exept one small detail... Every time i pllant my rear end in the drivers seat of the hyperion, the whole paranid universe goes haywire. The become hostile and deny any and all access to their stations. They are just waiting for an excuse to shoot me down,...

What's goeing on here? Is it normal that you become hostile to a race when you fly one of their ships you've commandered for personal use? Also is there a way around this bug, or do i have to accept i won't be flying in paranid space when i'm in the hyperion? Also, when i go in an other ship again, the Paranid act like we're best of buddies again and there's nothing wrong.p

Also, does this mean that when i'll be able to reverse engineer the hyperion and i'm ready to build a fleet of them, all my newly built hyperions will be treated as hostiles?

Thank you for any and all information you'd be able to share with me on this little problem. I'll be looking forward to your replies! :D

redjay
x4

Post by redjay » Fri, 19. Nov 10, 00:23

Hello, sounds like an issue with the Hyp's IFF. just go into its Commands and at the bottom of the list they're'll be a list of the races/factions. check to see if Paranid are set to "Foe" if so change it to "Friend" this should solve your problem.

Whisperer
x3tc

Post by Whisperer » Fri, 19. Nov 10, 02:10

Thank you for the fast reply. I'll have to check the friend/foe setting again. I'm not sure if this is what is messing up though since this is only happening when i'm in the Hyperion.

Also whilst flying this newly "aquired" ship i'm denied all access to stations in paranid space, yet when i change to my nova i can access al stations, no more silent treatment when i ask for directions or docking restrictions . It's like the paranid are telling me "if you are flying our stolenship we'll deny you access to all our stations, you umholy wretch"...

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Fri, 19. Nov 10, 04:48

Vanilla?

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Fri, 19. Nov 10, 05:23

I still suspect Friend / Foe settings...

Whisperer
x3tc

Post by Whisperer » Fri, 19. Nov 10, 05:33

i'm sorry, yes. Deffinatly vanilla, wouldn't want it any other way. Oh' i've checked the settings on the ship and even after sellecting the settings from global i'm still looking at a ticked off paranid empire. However my standing with them is protector of priest xaar, i think that's what it's called (2nd from top). Also despite the whole empire showing as hostile does still not make them open up a can of whoopass. :p So as long as i don't fire a shot they don't seem to conduct some target practice on me. Still,... all safeties are off and the missiles are primed. Things aint looking pretty....

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 19. Nov 10, 08:31

Don't check your GLOBAL friend/foe settings, check the ones for the ship in its Command Console. Each ship has its own friend/foe settings--if you buy a ship then it inherits its settings from your global ones, but a captured ship will have whatever settings it had before you captured it.

Whisperer
x3tc

Post by Whisperer » Fri, 19. Nov 10, 23:14

my appologies for the misunderstanding, the ship settings where all normal and had the paranid as friend, just like the settings in the global. I've tried the command to set the ship settings from global and it didn't change so i've checcked again in the glopal to make sure if i did not make a mistake. They are showing as friendly all over the board.

Well, i've loaded a save from 2 days ago where i still did not have the hyperion and tried to re-capture it. It took 4 houres of reloading now to cap it couse when i press "shift C", "5", "enter", "enter" it's now only launching 2 or 3 marines at a time. After finaly being successfull in the end , it's now showing friendly... Thing is that now not all my marines won't eject simultaniouse anymore to board ships... Thank god there is still the additional command to eject all marines...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”