[TC] Question Regarding Pirates/Yaki Rep

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Simoom
x4

Question Regarding Pirates/Yaki Rep

Post by Simoom » Fri, 19. Nov 10, 20:39

Hey all, I've poked around regarding this topic but can't find any satisfactory answers.

From what little I gathered:
-Duke's/Pirate reps are linked.
-Killing Pirates reduces Duke rep
-Yaki and Pirate reps are unlinked

Okay, here's the problem... I can't see any indication as to what my pirate/yaki reps are (not that it matters at the moment because I am sure my reps with them are at the very bottom - but I want to improve it so their ships leave my traders alone)

Also, do pirate bases always offer station hacking? Or does the option only show up periodically? I have a few hostile stations I would like to hack through but I can't find a pirate station that offers hacking service (even ones within 3 jumps)

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 19. Nov 10, 20:42

there will always be pirates that are hostile to you. a good indicator of positive pirate rep is (significantly) reduced hostile pirates.

for the yaki, its even simpler.
just pop into weavers tempest, if theyre red, you know youre still on bad terms :P

no, just like any other mission, its random.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Fri, 19. Nov 10, 21:19

Station hacking can be offered from any station that is within range of the station you want hacked, its pretty random.

Also pirate quests can be found on any station, not very often but there is a possibility that you could be offered a mission from a pirate aboard any races station.

If you see neutral pirates then you can assume you'r going in the right direction, as said, some pirates will allways be red although that doesn't mean they will automatically attack you, usually if you leave them alone they will do the same. In very rare cases where you have befriended the pirates you will get some attacking your stations, just kill them, you'r rep will be good enough to cope.

Yaki are very easy to befriend, just build stations for them, the more stations you build the more missions they can offer. I've finished games where my yaki rep is so good that a certain mission that can ruin it didn't have an impact....
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Fri, 19. Nov 10, 22:08

Didn't know you could get pirate missions from race stations, good information to know. Is that in race sectors too or just race stations in pirate sectors?

As said, you can get station hack missions at pretty much any station now, it has to be within 3 (IIRC) sectors of the station that is red to you. Look for stations with the light-bulb icon and you may get the option.

Another good way to test your pirate rep is to comm a pirate capital ship (a blue one) and if the Captain refuses to talk then you've still got some work to do, the higher your rep the more "friendly" their response when you comm them too. Same as the greeting when you dock at a station.

I've found the Yaki pretty easy to please, build missions work wonders.

Haven't had any dealings with the Buccaneers so interested to know how that relationship works. All their ships appear red to me despite a lot of work keeping the pirates on-side - Argon Patriot start.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Fri, 19. Nov 10, 23:26

You can also ram the pirates to death if you've got a big enough ship and it doesn't have as bad an impact on your rep with them. LOL

"oops... didn't see you there, pal..."

Stephen_Garlick
x3tc

Post by Stephen_Garlick » Sat, 20. Nov 10, 03:42

:fg: Hay all!. Yes I've had missions from pirates from normal stations, as well as pirate missions from yaki stations. Keep a look out for what the person looks like that you're taking the mission from. Pirates and yaki look different to the other races!! -"Nasty son's of bitches" :pirat: :pirat:

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sat, 20. Nov 10, 10:54

I do a lot of build station missions, but I have yet to get any from the Yaki - where do Yaki offer these missions at? I am on hostile terms with the Yaki right now and while I can accept Pirate missions from neutral pirate bases, I can't find any Yaki stations that are blue (aside from the ones in Weavers Tempest - do those count?)

EDIT: Just went to Weavers Tempest, the stations are blue but they won't let me dock or offer any missions, likely due to my rep being so bad... so since I can't do missions for them, how do I recover my rep? :(

Also, my patrol ships keep killing pirates/yaki ships even though I set both to friendly under my patrol ships and global settings - the friend/foe setting keeps getting reverted back to foe by my patrol ships. Am I missing something?

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sat, 20. Nov 10, 22:50

Simoom wrote:... the ones in Weavers Tempest - do those count?
Should do, I've taken missions from those stations and while there's no direct way to measure the rep gain I did get a "warmer" greeting from their stations afterwards.
Is their shipyard in SB red to you?
Simoom wrote:... the stations are blue but they won't let me dock or offer any missions, likely due to my rep being so bad... so since I can't do missions for them, how do I recover my rep? :(
So long as they are blue you may be able to get a mission from them, you can't dock because Weaver's Tempest is a core sector and you have to be on pretty good terms to dock in a race's core sector.
try exiting and entering the sector a few times, if you don't get any mission icons after a few times then you're unlikely to.
The shipyard is not in a core sector, if it's red now, try to find a station hack mission in Empire's Edge and then try to get a mission from it.
Simoom wrote:Also, my patrol ships keep killing pirates/yaki ships even though I set both to friendly under my patrol ships and global settings - the friend/foe setting keeps getting reverted back to foe by my patrol ships. Am I missing something?
Maybe your ships were attacked first? Are their IFF setting set to "show as enemy if enemy to me" set this to "no" if it is. Also check your global IFF settings in the Advanced section of the Personal menu.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Mon, 22. Nov 10, 07:19

MarvinTheMartian wrote: Maybe your ships were attacked first? Are their IFF setting set to "show as enemy if enemy to me" set this to "no" if it is. Also check your global IFF settings in the Advanced section of the Personal menu.
Yes, their shipyard is red - I'll try to hack it. :)

As for the patrol ship issue... no, they weren't attacked first - in fact, they keep going after Duke's freighters which actually appear blue to me. :(

rz8472
x3tc

Post by rz8472 » Mon, 22. Nov 10, 07:32

Once you do manage to get the Yaki blue (I've noticed that just not attacking them for awhile does tend to cool down things), you can take station building missions in their territory in order to accelerate improving your relations with them. More stations = more potential missions

There should be a pirate base at Ocracoke's Storm as well... doing missions for them may improve rep with the Yaki.

From personal experience, it is possible to improve relations with the Yaki even after shooting a lot of their ships down. I went from red in both Senator's Badlands and Weaver's Tempest to them saying "your presence is an honor" whenever I docked.

CuriosityKillsTheMADCat
x4

Post by CuriosityKillsTheMADCat » Mon, 22. Nov 10, 07:36

"There should be a pirate base at Ocracoke's Storm as well... "

In all of my games, the Paranids tend to eliminate this station very quickly...

MFG

CuriosityKillsTheMADCat
Fähiger Pilot wie DU sein...
"When ships to sail the void between the stars have been invented, there will also be men who come forward to sail those ships."
Johannes Kepler, Somnium, 1634 A.D.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Mon, 22. Nov 10, 09:16

Another way to raise Yaki rep is to raise paranid rep to the max, and then kill some paranid ships in their sectors, also those missions that require you to kill convoys don't hit rep as much as you'd think if you kill the convoy ships very quickly. Its pretty easy to raise a races rep to the max if you only let it slip 1 or two ranks.
There should be a pirate base at Ocracoke's Storm as well... doing missions for them may improve rep with the Yaki
If the station lasts they this is a good way too, but the missions usually require you to kill pirates in yaki space, possibly having a negative effect with pirates although I used to use this method to capture M6s when boarding was a lot easier
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 22. Nov 10, 14:31

I had problems with this. Yaki stations were blue, but my rank was obviously not good enough for them to offer missions (I checked lots of times!). In the end, I took a kill convoy mission from a lone Yaki in Paranid space and that helped my Yaki rep enough to start getting missions in their home sectors and didn't hurt my Paranid rank enough to worry about (don't think I lost a level but might have done...).

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 22. Nov 10, 16:28

Sit in Ocracoke's. Eventually you'll see some freighters appear. Then look around for the ship offering a kill convoy mission. Kill the convoy and you should gain Yaki Rep in addition to whoever offered the mission.

Donziboy2
x3tc

Post by Donziboy2 » Wed, 24. Nov 10, 15:16

My rep with Yaki is way low -52k :cry:

Tried hacking there stations and that doesn't work, havent seen any freighters with missions, no race ships in there systems, and every time I see a yaki ship in a system with a mission it jumps away from me :evil:

Any ideas?

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Wed, 24. Nov 10, 15:49

Tried hacking there stations and that doesn't work, havent seen any freighters with missions, no race ships in there systems, and every time I see a yaki ship in a system with a mission it jumps away from me
Hacking only works if your rep is good enough to dock there, else as soon as its hacked it will turn red again. The jumping ships have allways done that if your rep isn't high enough, if the ships are not red then your rep couldn't be that low. kill a few paranid or pirate ships in their sectors and you should be able to take on missions from them.
My rep with Yaki is way low -52k
You can't tell how your yaki rep is doing. Where did you get that figure from?
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Wed, 24. Nov 10, 15:54

Script editor-->addition information to on shows the numerical value of your rep with all races at the bottom of any ship or station's info page.

I think I've encountered a problem at below -25k Pirate/Yaki rep where no amount of missions will increase your rep. It was quite a while ago, and I haven't encountered it for ages, despite being quite the pirate-slayer, so take that with a pinch of salt.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Donziboy2
x3tc

Post by Donziboy2 » Wed, 24. Nov 10, 19:55

Kryten wrote:
You can't tell how your yaki rep is doing. Where did you get that figure from?

Save, then enter cheat code, check rep then reload 8)

foreveraplayer

Post by foreveraplayer » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 11:42

Hi simoom,you need to go to senator's badlands and the shipyard there will allow you to dock and take missions and raise your rep in the process :)
Rampage III Extreme,I7 950 @ 4.1 -205 x 20 1.30v,2 x 5830 CF,2 x 4gb 1600mhz Corsair,H70 cooling

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 21:16

id be careful, theres a pretty nasty bug thatll make your yaki / pirate rep freeze when youre really low, and you wont be able to gain or loss rep.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”