[TC] Anyone Capture a Kha'ak Fighter?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MooMan7777
x3

Anyone Capture a Kha'ak Fighter?

Post by MooMan7777 » Tue, 23. Nov 10, 01:44

I've parked my Odin in Kha'ak Sector 931 for my base of opperations, and fly my adv perseus armed w/ 6 pbe's hoping to get a Kha'ak Fighter to bail...this doesn't seem to be working

Anyone have any other ideas or luck getting one to bail?

(I haven't compelted the Final Fury Mission, I've saved it until last...does this matter?)

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Tue, 23. Nov 10, 01:57

There was a similar thread and the general consensus is that Kha'ak ships will not bail if you're in a Kha'ak sector nor will they bail if they were part of a cluster.

I can corrobrate this as both times I got a fighter to bail he was all by his lonesome in a commonwealth sector.

MooMan7777
x3

Post by MooMan7777 » Tue, 23. Nov 10, 03:53

thanks!

Edit:

where would I find one?

Edit:

does the unknown sector above Argon Sector M148 count?

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Tue, 23. Nov 10, 05:20

I have managed to capture two Kha'ak fighters while just flying around and seeing them attack stations in sectors.

I am pretty sure the second one I caught was part of a cluster, too...

Anyway, I sold one and saved one for RE - but I doubt they'll be very useful because they are slow, have poor shielding, and are only effective en masse - which means acquiring a huge quantity of the beta kyon emitters which is close to impossible unless you cheat... = =

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Tue, 23. Nov 10, 09:25

I've captured 1 Kha'ak ship, only 1 in the last year, I'm thinking its one of those things thats got a really low chance of success.

I don't even try to cap them now as from my previous experience they are next to impossible to capture :lol:
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

kotorone1
x3tc

Post by kotorone1 » Tue, 23. Nov 10, 18:27

the only really point in capturing Kha'ak ships is to say you did it

Edit: this is another thread concerning capping Kha'ak ships

Paladin-Solo

Post by Paladin-Solo » Tue, 23. Nov 10, 21:54

jwigeland wrote:There was a similar thread and the general consensus is that Kha'ak ships will not bail if you're in a Kha'ak sector nor will they bail if they were part of a cluster.

I can corrobrate this as both times I got a fighter to bail he was all by his lonesome in a commonwealth sector.
I had one bail in a Kha'ak sector a few days ago, so thats not true. Just running invisible complex tube mod and nothing else too.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Tue, 23. Nov 10, 23:00

:) I got my Khaak fighter in a Khaak sector a long time ago.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Wed, 24. Nov 10, 03:26

ever sincei finished FF the purple fighters are a rarity....
so no fighters for me
An object in motion, stays in motion unless acted on by an outside force.
Sir Isaac Newton, The meanest person in space.

Paladin-Solo

Post by Paladin-Solo » Wed, 24. Nov 10, 16:48

RicoOcho wrote:ever sincei finished FF the purple fighters are a rarity....
so no fighters for me
They're still all over in the kha'ak sectors.

KLF07

Re: Anyone Capture a Kha'ak Fighter?

Post by KLF07 » Wed, 24. Nov 10, 19:43

MooMan7777 wrote:...
Anyone have any other ideas or luck getting one to bail?

in 931 You can find a few M3 (not clusters!). Use M6 and Tempest Missile one for each M3, later 1-2 Disruptor/Hurricane add. 1-3 save/load and You lucky 8)

Xcaliber
x4

Post by Xcaliber » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 00:20

I play vanilla X3TC and have captured Khaak fighters, interceptors and a scout all in Khaak sector 841. I use an Odysseus loaded with PSG's except for the side turrets which have IBL's and are set to attack capitals. For capping just use 1 PSG in each turret with none in back or front. It may take quite a few tries but I just flew around the sector destroying Khaak and collecting the spoils (which you need to equip the ships after capping). Use the sector map and watch for one of the red enemy turning white (this will move to below the red ship list). As soon as you notice a white enemy in the list save the game and full throttle forward. Your PSG's may destroy the ship (especially the scouts) as it won't be shielded but if you can move a reasonable distance away without it disappearing and the enemy should follow you that's the hard bit completed.
Use whichever ships you think are suitable for the next bit but this is my method. I then jump in a Hyperion Vanguard (with a spare ship hanger) and command it to move to the bailed ship. I jump in my springblossom (you're best having a docking computer, transporter device and system override software installed) and command it to follow me. When the springy is in range change ship and head full throttle to the bailed ship. Remember to save ! Use the SOS to claim the ship then transfer the docking computer to it, transport into the khaak ship, target the hyperion and 'shift-D' to auto dock. Transport back to the springy and command the Hyperion (with the new khaak ship onboard) to jump to wherever you require. The khaak ships are very quick and easy to re-engineer (with a PHQ of course). Shame I can't cap a Khaak carrier to store them on.
I would say have fun trying it but I'm not sure 'fun' is the correct word.

MooMan7777
x3

Post by MooMan7777 » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 15:57

Got it...
parked the ODIN in sector 931 for about 20 min...

one ssc in each slot

[ external image ]

lokpique
x3tc

Post by lokpique » Mon, 29. Nov 10, 13:10

jwigeland wrote:There was a similar thread and the general consensus is that Kha'ak ships will not bail if you're in a Kha'ak sector nor will they bail if they were part of a cluster.

Not true, I just got one today in Kha'ak Sector 926.

Had I known this was rare I would have screen capped it :/

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Mon, 29. Nov 10, 19:20

Nice going! I think the morale of fighters in the Kha'ak sectors is higher (therefore they don't bail hardly at all). Now you just need some BKEs! =)

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Capping Khaak fighters

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 09:19

I have an osaka at TUS3 east gate now and again when i check on the sector there is usualy a xenon l or m abandoned near to it just go an claim and send to shipyard got 20 + so far

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”