Sector Traders and the Yaki

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Roadtrash
x3tc

Sector Traders and the Yaki

Post by Roadtrash » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 09:05

I have recently been on a mission to help our yaki friends rebuild their economy. After placing several stations via build missions I decided to fill the holes in the supply chains. Namely ore/silicon mines with a few food fabs. I have not complexed any of the stations. Mines are in Savage Spur and Food Fabs are in Senators Badlands. I placed LT's in Senators Badlands +2 and after buying up and distributing all the energy cells from the NPC SPP i jump started they go in standby mode. They will occasionaly stock my Food fabs but rarely sell the food, and they never go to Savage Spur for ore/silicone. No my prices are not below average but the are well below the buying prices at NPC stations.

My bigest question is why do my traders not go into Savage Spur? Is it because it is an unknown sector? or is there some setting i am missing. I am really wanting to move out of the Yaki sectors and get on with other things but I need this running smoothly first. All my traders in Yaki space are homebased to the hub and yes it has cash. just want it to have a little extra cash inflow so I can buy a few items for a little fish we all love.

Ozkar
x3tc

Post by Ozkar » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 10:34

How I revitalized the Yaki economy was accepting only tech/weapons fab build missions. I then made stations and small complexes to supply those stations and just used the "sell ware for best price" commands. This method obviously does not train up sector traders to UTs, but I am not a fan of UTs.
If your goal is just to make the Yaki a vibrant economy this method works. Alternatively, you could accept build missions in Yaki space until there are enough Yaki stations to take care of all resource needs (except Ore/Silicon) and launch your STs/Uts, but that might take a lot of build missions.
Give me a mamba or give me death!

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 10:48

have you tried the jumpdrive settings on your stations, your ships will only travel as far as the setting allows them, also if you don't give your stations credits you can't buy anything from other stations, that would see your freighters just sit there.

The yaki should be easy to supply as no other race trades with them or if they try to the yaki kill them well before they're reached a station :twisted: I usually just build a self sustaining complex in weavers that sells booze, energy and ore, this way I just use a trader to sell at best price and wait for the IBL forges to fill up and then buy those, then repeat. I keep doing as many station building missions as I can, the more stations the easier it gets and the more profits you even if you'r just supplying energy.
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Sector Traders and the Yaki

Post by Terre » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 11:17

Roadtrash wrote:All my traders in Yaki space are homebased to the hub and yes it has cash.
A new sector trader will only trade within the sector it running, so if the materials are in a different sector, they are out of it's reach, you will need to train it elsewhere before it will tick backwards and forwards between the sectors.

I have mixed the set-up in Weavers Tempest. I have a sector trader, which potters about doing whatever it believes needs doing, and CLS traders which have their 'homebase' setting too, in my case a complex.

Roadtrash
x3tc

Post by Roadtrash » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 17:39

How I revitalized the Yaki economy was accepting only tech/weapons fab build missions. I then made stations and small complexes to supply those stations and just used the "sell ware for best price" commands
I was hoping not to have to drag all my mines around and complex them. no tractor beams in my game amd i was holding off on building a tractor beam fab as I am a little short on cash. Same with setting up a trader for each factory.
have you tried the jumpdrive settings on your stations, your ships will only travel as far as the setting allows them, also if you don't give your stations credits you can't buy anything from other stations,
Again I wanted to use ST to do the trading in the area. All stations have cash.
A new sector trader will only trade within the sector it running, so if the materials are in a different sector, they are out of it's reach, you will need to train it elsewhere before it will tick backwards and forwards between the sectors.
All sector traders are level 10+. They are set to Senators Badlands +2 but they won't go to Savage Spur where my mines are at. If I set them to Senators Badlands +3 they jump to Empires Edge and pick up soya beans to bring back to my food fabs.... why won't they enter Savage Spur.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 17:45

Can your ships carry XL cargo? its all I can think of.
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Roadtrash
x3tc

Post by Roadtrash » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 17:53

Yes. I am using Demeter Superfreighters

Ozkar
x3tc

Post by Ozkar » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 18:17

I didn't complex the mines, I left them where they were. I only complexed together say a Cahoona bakery and a cattle ranch. Or other similar smaller sized complexes. And I can completely understand the desire to not drag mines around, lol
Give me a mamba or give me death!

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 18:18

ST/LTs can be a bit weird when choosing which stations to supply. You may need to homebase ships at your mines and sell for best price. I had to switch to this way after my LTs wouldn't sell my wheat and ore to the booze/IBL stations in Weaver's Tempest, they kept on selling the wheat to Cahoona Bakeries in CSW. :roll:

Roadtrash
x3tc

Post by Roadtrash » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 18:19

Problem solved. The sector traders won't buy from my mines unhless the price is average or below. If I want to maximize profits on my mines I will need to assign traders to each mine.....

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”