NPC's in Aldrin

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bonalste
x4

NPC's in Aldrin

Post by bonalste » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 11:22

I have noticed that Weapons Forge M Alpha in Aldrin has literally 50 ships of all different shapes and sizes next to it, in one big bundle, queuing to dock. Alongside this are several of my CAGs and universal traders. It's very odd, because there are no other NPC ships in Aldrin - every single one is frozen outside WFMA. Is there anything that I can do, besides blowing it up and killing my Terran rep?

Further info below that might be a factor, but has some plot spoilers in it:
Spoiler
Show
To let you know the circumstances, I am half-way through the Aldrin Expansion plot (it says 'Fly to TUS3', after I've just killed a bunch of Paranid) and I also aligned my 3rd hub gates between Aldrin 2 and TUS1, although I then changed them after a lone Tyr wandered into my hub... hehehe.
Thanks for your help with this. It's not exactly a game killer, but it's taking all of my traders to keep the Aldrin economy running at the moment and I can't get into the weapons complex I want to get into! :evil:
Last edited by bonalste on Thu, 25. Nov 10, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Post by Samuel Creshal » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 11:39

Leave the sector. Generally, don't stay in Aldrin unless you absolutely have to and leave as soon as your business is finished there. While you're in the sector, the collision control effs up (due to the large planetoid) and no ship is able to dock anywhere. Out of sector it should work fine.

bonalste
x4

Post by bonalste » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 12:37

Thanks, but if only that were the problem :( This is occuring OOS. I am looking at it on the sector map. The sector is a complete mess at the moment. I haven't entered the sector personally for a good few game days - hate the big rock!

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Post by Samuel Creshal » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 13:01

Do already have ships docked at that station? If so, force them to undock to free the docking bays. If that's not the case/not working, well, you're officially screwed.

bonalste
x4

Post by bonalste » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 13:39

Nope, 2 Aldrin Sprnblossoms and 2 Aldrin Weapons Dealers are sitting in there, with many ships waiting for their turn. :( So... couple of hammers might do the trick? Thing is, that's about my only chance of getting prototype weapons, so I'd ather not!

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 03:59

Go IS with two ships. One carrying hammerheads, one not. Fire the hammerheads at the edge of their range, then jump out the ship that fired, after you transfer to the other ship. Those are now considered NPC launched missiles, and won't effect your rep.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 09:42

Remember that Aldrin stations don't respawn, so once they're gone, they're gone forever.

I suggest to go for the force undock thingie, order ships of yours to dock (a bunch of M5 should do) and repeat till at least 1 NPC ship undocks.

If it doesn't work, try finishing the Aldrin expansion plot. Once Aldrin is connected to the Terran systems, all the Aldrin traders kick into action.

Another alternative is to build 1-2 commonwealth L crystalfabs(if you build 2, make sure it's from different races due to food consumption) and 1 siliconmine on a high yield asteroid. This complements the Aldrin economy and gives the traders more work.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”