[TC] How many M6s can you dock at OTAS HQ

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kryten
x4

How many M6s can you dock at OTAS HQ

Post by Kryten » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 16:44

I got to OTAS Legend and went as ordered to collect my new Skiron, before I docked I got another offer of a mission, I didn't like it so accepted and abandoned mission. Before I landed I recieved a message to return for another reward, Hmm, time to save and see what happens, When I landed I got 2 skirrons, I've known about this bug but was sure they'd have fixed it before now. What I found odd is that I didn't lose rep when I abanonded the mission and they still offered me the reward.

I decided to reload and just keep accepting missions and abandoning them and flying off until I was asked to do more. I got to 14 skirrons before I got fed up and decided to just land and collect them all.

So, my question would be for anyone thats done this before is, how many skirrons would I have theoretically been able to get as a reward, sooner or later the OTAS HQ would run out of docking clamps for M6 ships.

I know this is a bit of an exploit, but if they're not gonna fix it and its been around for a long time, then I'm gonna abuse it :twisted:
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 17:29

Basically one of your Skirons would be kicked off the station to make way for the new one, this is how it usually works with other stations anyways. I'm surprised they haven't fixed that exploit, I abused this loop hole a few patches ago to get a few Venti's.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 17:42

I hate the corporations missions, normally I can't wait to get them over with and move on.

But some of those ships are proably worth being a little bit cheeky with :roll: I particulary like the mercury prototype from Plutarch, but really once you have the PHQ you can just make as many as you want.

Saying that I wonder how long it would take to RE 15 heavy centaur prototypes, think I'll just stock up on the cheep :D
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]

kotorone1
x3tc

Post by kotorone1 » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 18:21

Do you unlock the M7 and the M3 when you finish the corporation missions?

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 19:06

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:Basically one of your Skirons would be kicked off the station to make way for the new one, this is how it usually works with other stations anyways. I'm surprised they haven't fixed that exploit, I abused this loop hole a few patches ago to get a few Venti's.
I abused this exploit rather badly (esp. for the Medusa Proto/HCP's) to the point where if I do collect all my reward ships that I've been given so far I'll have a sizeable fleet (well over 150 ships). :D

Granted on some missions I had to dock at the HQ's (i.e. Transportation missions) to avoid breaking the mission line but I found a way of docking and still getting more ships. :)

kotorone1 wrote:Do you unlock the M7 and the M3 when you finish the corporation missions?
Which M7 & M3? If you mean for OTAS, you gain the ablility to buy the Sirokos but that's it.

kotorone1
x3tc

Post by kotorone1 » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 19:13

do i get/have the ability to buy the m7 Astraeus Hauler M8 Auster Hauler, the M4 Eurus, the M3 Venti and M3 Notus Hauler

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 19:30

No to all of the above.

1st & 2nd. Astraeus & Auster are not in a vanilla game.
3rd. Eurus is in the game but to my knowledge the ship cannot be aquired by the player and there is only one Eurus IIRC.
4th. Venti is only a Corporate reward (Rank 7).
5th. Notus can be found flying throughout universe sometimes under the disguise of a trader (forget which type) and you'll have to make the pilot bail.
Last edited by Deadbeat_Spinn on Fri, 26. Nov 10, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

kotorone1
x3tc

Post by kotorone1 » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 19:32

so... is the skiros any good or is it just a waste of money?

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 19:36

The Sirokos can carry 30 boarding troops which does have advantages during boarding ops, only downside is that it can't use missiles.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 19:43

The only use I see for the Sirokos is when you need to board Xenon capitals, the extra 10 marines will probably come in handy. :)

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Sat, 27. Nov 10, 01:44

it is the fastest M7M but for me when I'm boarding I need to use flails so its a bit pants for this use except when you absolutely need those extra pods.

Unless you really need that ship that requires the skiros you can get by without ever buying one.
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”