Mod idea, Xenon & Khaak revenge

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

FireLancer

Mod idea, Xenon & Khaak revenge

Post by FireLancer » Sat, 27. Nov 10, 14:53

Just somthing I came up with while clearing some Xenon out of the way.

Basically throughout the X games we have seen that the combined power (well really it seems half the time the Argons and Terrans :p) of the races is able to stop the Khaak and Xenon (since X2 isnt presidents end essentially the worse thats happened?).

Now both the Khaak and Xenon want to destroy the other races, however the same can not be said about each other for the most part at this time. The Xenon were not as far as I know going after the nvidium and activly hunting the khaak, and the Xenon being machines most likly would not engage in another war they couldnt win.

So it stands to reason that the Khaak and Xenon just might team up to strike a devastating blow against their common emenies (the enemy of my enemy is my friend), say a combined suprise attack against the home sectors of the other races (except Earth I guess since I dont think they have even enough power combined to effectivly take on the torus, but perhaps say the Mars shipyard).

With the main races in chaos following such an attack, with most of their military destroyed and massive civilian casualties (might not actually be destroying the planet, but a few nukes in the cities would still have good effect), it would create a very intresting scenerio for trying to stop the Khaak and Xenon taking over the X-Universe, with the player and other large corporations having to take the lead.

Unserene
x4

Post by Unserene » Sat, 27. Nov 10, 14:58

Pretty sure I've seen them fire on each other before. It's just so rare to see them in the same sector though.
Don't see them teaming up though, they're both too Xenophobic.
It's a TURRET, not a "turrent". Learn to spell.

FireLancer

Post by FireLancer » Sat, 27. Nov 10, 15:04

Ive seen them fire on each other, but then normally they both fire on everything other than themselves. However I have never seen them actively attack each other (eg large khakk forces jumping straight into a Xenon sector, or the Xenon entering a Khakk sector).

I think the Xenon would definatly go along with it since being machines they would just see it as a way of increasing their odds of success, and that they can deal with the Khaak problem later, since they wouldnt really have anything against breaking their alliance the moment it suited them.

It woudlnt really need to even be a proper alliance, just an agreement that say the Xenon would attack say Mars, Argon Prime and Kingdom End and the Khaak attack Paranid Prime, Seizewell and Family Pride at the same time, perhaps them each both hoping the other will take so much damage they will be easy pickings afterwards.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 27. Nov 10, 15:44

Xenon want to "terraform" (kill) anything and everyone...just because both races are not friendly they won't part up because of that.
And if khaak are not able to distinguish between argon and paranid it's very unlikely that they can distinguish ships guided by living beeings or by machines.

My advice: make 1 or 2 or more races hostile to you. Basically that is the thing you ask for. Alot more interesting to play like that. I mean - a universe full of friendlyness ? that just asks for boredom.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 27. Nov 10, 16:05

[ad] use IR and enable true relations[/ad]

situation I encoutered:

entered Xenon sector above Grand Exchange:
there was Khaak invasion, Split assault fleet (hostile to me) and my own fleet + strong Xenon response :D

4 fleets - just insane battle

set khaak/xenon to hard modes and you will get what you want - they dont have to ally to make mess

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Sat, 27. Nov 10, 17:41

djrygar wrote:[ad] use IR and enable true relations[/ad]

situation I encoutered:

entered Xenon sector above Grand Exchange:
there was Khaak invasion, Split assault fleet (hostile to me) and my own fleet + strong Xenon response :D

4 fleets - just insane battle

set khaak/xenon to hard modes and you will get what you want - they dont have to ally to make mess
I would like to see it... pics/videos? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

irR4tiOn4L
x3tc

Re: Mod idea, Xenon & Khaak revenge

Post by irR4tiOn4L » Sun, 28. Nov 10, 04:01

FireLancer wrote: So it stands to reason that the Khaak and Xenon just might team up to strike a devastating blow against their common emenies (the enemy of my enemy is my friend), say a combined suprise attack against the home sectors of the other races
Its all fun and games till someone tries to terraform the Hive

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”