[TC] Aldrin Rescue Mission

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RPEH
x3tc

Aldrin Rescue Mission

Post by RPEH » Sun, 28. Nov 10, 23:38

I give up. Just how do you complete the mission where you're supposed to tow the mining base ship through the gate?

I've tried everything: towing it with a rear-turret ship (I go through the gate - the base ship stays behind); pushing it from behind (the ship goes straight through the gate); pulling it from the other side of the gate (again, it goes straight through).

And of course this takes *hours* because of the irritating shape of the ship that means it hits the gate 9 times out of 10.

So HOW do you do this mission???

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Sun, 28. Nov 10, 23:40

Simple: tow it with autopilot. Means: put it on your tractor beam and set autopilot to: Go to position: Aldrin 2 - that Orbital Base there.

The ship will follow though the gate automatically ;).
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

RPEH
x3tc

Post by RPEH » Sun, 28. Nov 10, 23:53

Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't work for me.

What ship did you use?

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Sun, 28. Nov 10, 23:56

I used a Heavy Centaur. It takes a little while until the ship appears behind you through the gate.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

RPEH
x3tc

Post by RPEH » Mon, 29. Nov 10, 00:03

I was trying in a Mammoth. I'll try again then try a Heavy Centaur. I guessed it might take a while but having stuck around for 5 mins on SETA, I don't think it's turning up any time soon...

RPEH
x3tc

Post by RPEH » Mon, 29. Nov 10, 00:10

Aha! This time it worked in the Mammoth. Thank you so much! Last time I played the game I ended up using Cycrow's cheat package to board the ship and fly it through. This time I wanted to play honestly.

You've made my day :)

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Mon, 29. Nov 10, 00:20

Ok, where to send the invoice? Vital information is not cheap ;).

Donziboy2
x3tc

Post by Donziboy2 » Mon, 29. Nov 10, 00:27

I didnt use autopilot and it worked just fine for me.

I used a cobra and flew into the game normaly, once on the other side i went forward and at around 8km or so from the gate the ship came threw.

RPEH
x3tc

Post by RPEH » Mon, 29. Nov 10, 00:38

silenced wrote:Ok, where to send the invoice? Vital information is not cheap ;).
Send it to the EU - they seem to be giving money out for free these days :)

Seriously - thank you.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”