X: Beyond the Frontier

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

IceFire909
x4

X: Beyond the Frontier

Post by IceFire909 » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 12:54

Just starting out on the SUPERBOX! (it felt appropriate to capitalize and exclamate) since we're changing ISP. From previous Xperience I know SPPs are good for initial trading money.

The problem is I don't exactly know what one looks like. . .I've heard there's 2 in Seizewell but travel takes very near forever.
Incoming Message (4 New Messages)
Your Xenon K has Blue Screen of Death'd.
Your #deca CPU ship has 404'd.
Your Xenon P was docking and has stopped responding.
Your #deca.cefa has limited or no network connectivity.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 13:56

Oh yeh, the pain of going back to X-BTF and having no seta at the start :D

Simplest way to explain the look of the SPP is a head that has 4 legs that look very square.

As to initial earners, this is true only if you know the exploit to make huge profitsss.
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

IceFire909
x4

Post by IceFire909 » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 16:20

Found it just before I left for the movies actually.

I have noticed two things in X-BtF. . .
The start is painfully brutal compared to X³:TC (I LOVE it!)
The price range of E-cells is quite large compared to their future price (yay for advances in energy generation dropping costs(!))
Incoming Message (4 New Messages)
Your Xenon K has Blue Screen of Death'd.
Your #deca CPU ship has 404'd.
Your Xenon P was docking and has stopped responding.
Your #deca.cefa has limited or no network connectivity.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 16:46

The real pain comes when you realise there is no way to automate crystal buying and you have to do it all manually, good luck on building your e-cell empire :lol:
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 18:32

The best way to get started in XBTF i think is to immediately head to the local equipment dock in Seizewell and SELL the shield (and gun if there is one) and use the cash to buy a few basic upgrades (like SETA), then use the rest to start your trading going with a bit more omph.

Combat is obviously impossible initially if you do this, however it's laughably easy to avoid as the only enemies you have to worry about are the Xenon. There's no pirates as such, just the occasional none hostile smugler. As for the xenon most of their ships are suicide to engage with your starting shield/ weapon anyway so you're better off just getting rid, and thus in the long run being able to buy decent equipment that much sooner.
mrbadger wrote:Anyway, it's Star Wars, this is important....

StJude
x3ap

Post by StJude » Wed, 1. Dec 10, 11:30

If you're going to be hanging out in Seizewell for a time then trade ecells until you have cargo space to trade oil with the silkworm factory, it's a much better cargo run. I spent many an hour running between the refinery and missile fab in XBTF.
nostalgia/ Sigh /nostalgia
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”