[TC] terran mission in split territories, NRS or AS?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nap_rz
x3tc

terran mission in split territories, NRS or AS?

Post by nap_rz » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 16:31

does it need navigation relay satellites or advanced satellites?

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 16:34

IIRC you need advanced satellites.
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 16:34

Either will work.

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 16:37

But advanced satellites are cooler.

Because they um.... have a larger scan radius, a camera function and I've written a guide on them!

Erm, yeah. :P
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 16:42

Carlo the Curious wrote:Either will work.
can I mix them? I'm having trouble finding these satellites :evil:

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 17:09

I think there's an Adv Sat fab in CBSW.

Or just set up a fab for your self. They sell well and are very useful when setting up your own satellite network.

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 17:41

okay I got it, but I'm stuck at this whole capping a TS and finding a TL stuff....

I could claim and enter the TS but have no idea what to do after it, the handbook mention about transferring jumpdrive, ecells and mr pearle....then transfer myself and have my ship wait at the next sector.... it's not entirely clear....

how do I transfer mr. pearle? and where's that elephant?

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 18:34

I could claim and enter the TS but have no idea what to do after it, the handbook mention about transferring jumpdrive, ecells and mr pearle....then transfer myself and have my ship wait at the next sector.... it's not entirely clear....
Tell your own ship to dock somewhere, then
Spoiler
Show
Repair the TS, put 2 25mj shields on it and look for the TL, you can either do this yourself or order a fast scoutship to map the sector until you find it. then fly close to the TL until you start scanning, you may want to save your game just before this. Once the scan is complete you'r told to jump out of the sector, I find if I wait for this message I'm usually dead before I can jump. I start the jump before the scan is complete to ensure I get away.
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 20:23

Mind you, I took a break from the missions so I could get some better firepower, and thus had a Shrike when I was doing this mission:

You don't have to tell your ship to wait in another sector, nor do you need pearle with you. Just a transporter device, and a willingness to let the TS go boom.

Cap the TS, if you kill it, another one will spawn for you to try again. Eject>Claim>Repair. Order your ship to follow you, at most give the TS a SETA, or this will take a very long time. Now, close in with the TL. This is a good time to transfer the SETA back. Slide in until he starts planting the bug, at this point, click on your usual ship, so the menu appears. As soon as the bug reaches 100%, push X. You'll transfer between the TS and the ship and you can either fight, or run away. I fought because I had an M7, but in an M4, I'd have made like a local, and Split. :split:

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Wed, 1. Dec 10, 04:17

is the TL always in the same sector? any specific sign for it?

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 1. Dec 10, 04:48

Always in the same sector, and no it doesn't have a special sign. It will have five docked #deca fighters though, and will jump away if you approach in anything other than the TS.

Always somewhere else in the same sector though.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 1. Dec 10, 11:15

If you're going to transfer plot relevant people, make sure both ships have cargo bay life support. If you leave him for a second in a ship which doesn't have it, he's gonna die and you might have to resort to scripts to resolve the plots (or find him again).

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”