Tormented Teladi

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Tormented Teladi

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 1. Dec 10, 21:17

I need help with this one i am afraid the task to raise 2.5 mill should be easy but i keep running out of trading opportunities for my harrier and the missions offered are not worth the effort any advice would be appreciated thnx

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Wed, 1. Dec 10, 21:30

Try to get your hands on a TP and do those military and personal transport missions. Maybe get a TM freighter too for those 'transport goods' and 'return ship' missions too, which is why a TM is useful due to docking slots. A Jumpdrive is highly appreciated and can be found for sale near your starting sector in that game start.

The first few missions will be paid badly of course, but your rank should increase fast so that the real money is coming by itself soon.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Thu, 2. Dec 10, 00:44

You could go after some of the abandoned ships. I'm not sure where Tormented Teladi starts, but if it's Ianamus Zura then you can go for an abandoned Mamba M3 in a certain Pirate sector to the South. It's a common but solid fighter you could do missions with, or you could sell it for extra capital. It's not the best shielded, but is quite fast and well armed. It comes with semi-random equipment, but I've always had one with at least 25Mj of shielding and some good lasers. (HEPT or PBE usually)
Spoiler
Show
LooMankStrat's Legacy. Beware of large explosions of the one-hit-kill variety.

If you're in Seizewell, there's a semi-rare unbuyable Split TP, the Iguana Vanguard, which can really get you started doing fast passenger transport missions with its general good-ness. Avoid selling it unless you really have to - they can be quite hard to get otherwise. It's in
Spoiler
Show
Family Whi, somewhere in the North-East quadrant of the sector. No strings attatched.
Also if you're near Seizewell, not far from the Iggy Vanguard there's a Teladi semi-rare unbuyable TP in a Boron sector to the West. Can't remember which one, but it's hidden behind an asteroid. It's fairly safe to sell it, and it comes with some very nice equipment most of the time. If it has FBLs, sell them for a nice cash injection.

If you're not near either of those sectors, then meh. I have little knowledge of the Tormented Teladi start, tbh. Abandoned ships are generally the way to go anyway though. If you have guns you could try to get some M5/M4 bails to sell for some extra capital. Either way, try and get a better ship than the Harrier ASAP.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 2. Dec 10, 13:40

No need to do this with abandoned ships--some (e.g. me) consider it a bit of a cheat. All you have to do is do missions for one race or another (I chose Teladi, since I started in their sectors) to improve your race rank. Doesn't matter how much money they pay, it's purely the ranking you're going for. Once that gets high enough you'll start getting offered second-hand ships in that race's sectors--buy the cheap damaged ones, repair them with your suit laser, and send them to the shipyard to sell; you can make money quite rapidly that way! You might also get a cheap TS that you can then use to improve your trading opportunities.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Thu, 2. Dec 10, 14:47

Abandoned ships can have ~1Mil worth of gear on them each. Selling one HEPT will get you a jump drive and several speed upgrades, so don't be afraid to chop them up!

Try not to go mission hunting in a slow ship. You'll burn through time so quickly using SETA.

Military Transports are simply an excellent ship to work with. They have good speed and cargo capacity, and amazing combat ability for the price. For ~0.5mil, you can accomplish just about any mission needed for the plot.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Thu, 2. Dec 10, 14:47

2.5 million is fairly easy (when you know how). And I would agree with pjknibbs - using the abandoned ships is a bit of a cheat (but, it's a single player game, so if that's how you wanna go, up to you...).

But, you've a fast ship so asteroid scans and passenger transports are easy game. And, once you've done a few, the payouts really ramp up. You can concentrate on one race to build up your rank (and therefore payouts) quicker. Asteroid scans can soon become 100K per asteroid!

And the second hand ship method can net you hundreds of thousands per go, as well.

Alternatively, you can look to go capping. More random, but still doable. Pick on lone M4's (you can wait until the rest of his wing has gone thru the gate and then pick on the straggler, if you can't find ones on their own). You will want your ship fairly well upgraded before trying to take a ship from the class above.

The average is about 10% bail rate. So, you might have to take out quite a few before you get bails. But, once you get a decent M4 you can go hunting Falcons - each will net you half a mill or more :D

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”