Starburst Shockwave Cannon Forge?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kelvhan Amaratharr
x3tc

Starburst Shockwave Cannon Forge?

Post by Kelvhan Amaratharr » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 08:39

Are there any Starburst Shockwave Cannon Forges in Terran Space. In my game I cannot find any so mybe someone knows where it might be hidden - if at all there.

Thank you.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 08:43

There are 2 or 3 initially, but they get deleted quite often.

http://forum.egosoft.com/search/44_96.h ... efault.css

Sabrina Bergin
xr

swc forge

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 09:46

you can buy a forge atthe shipyard in TUS2

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 12:42

SSC forges require about 2/3 of their max storage to start a production cycle. This means that NPCs have to sell below market rates before the factory will work. No trader likes to lose profit like that. What typically happens is the SSC factories stay under supply until they die.

Factory storage is a function of the material cost required to build the product. Unfortunately, this formula doesn't give SSC forges the space they require to work properly.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 17:26

This is why I train my LTs elsewhere so they learn how to make profits even when the destination station's buy price is below average, and then I assign them to Terran sectors.

Scout save is your friend...

One Gigajoule

Post by One Gigajoule » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 17:40

Bobucles wrote:SSC forges require about 2/3 of their max storage to start a production cycle.
Now this is really educational.
I scout-saved both forges and deployed ST in most Terran Sectors - but still it takes ages for the Jupiter-forge to pop out one SSC, and the forge in Mars doesn't produce at all. Now this is why :idea:

Now i have to figure out how to supply them properly - in an automated way of course...

PS: is this a bug, or a think-feature?

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 18:32

One Gigajoule wrote:
Bobucles wrote:SSC forges require about 2/3 of their max storage to start a production cycle.
Now this is really educational.
I scout-saved both forges and deployed ST in most Terran Sectors - but still it takes ages for the Jupiter-forge to pop out one SSC, and the forge in Mars doesn't produce at all. Now this is why :idea:

Now i have to figure out how to supply them properly - in an automated way of course...

PS: is this a bug, or a think-feature?
I would say a think feature, as it is not just SSCs that have this kind off problem it is also other forges like ISRs (this was in my Version 1.01 game so someone buy an ISR forge and cheak) had a maxium number of weapons stored which was 8 but it produced 5 in a cycle of 11 hours, this meant that if you left it it would waste an ISR a day.

Now some people would argue that was a bug - not so the solution was to add ISR forges into a complex so there would be space for the excess as well as emptying it every so often.
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 19:11

I've been playing with factory production numbers for a little bit.

Apparently X3 determines production runs using some sort of internal formula. If the item price is cleanly divisible, it will produce the smallest common denominator number of units per run. I don't know the exact math, but I've tweaked prices and have seen production runs of 24 items requiring several days.

The ISR needs a price change of no more than a few thousand credits to fix its production cycle to "1 at a time". This is done in my weapon mod.

Factories can not produce fewer items per production run than their factory size. An M, L, and XL factory will produce at least 2,5, and 10 items, respectively. At least, it can't be done in any way I'm aware of.

Why do I know this? It's still a secret!

bonalste
x4

Post by bonalste » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 20:12

All SSC forges in my game are dead and I haven't yet been granted the ability to buy Terran stations. My solution? Cap Tyrs. The last one I capped had 20 SSCs (no reloads) on board - not quite enough to max it out but certainly enough to get started with!

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 21:24

If you dont mind modifying your game, there are scripts that give you access to Terran Stations at the beginning.

Ozkar
x3tc

Post by Ozkar » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 07:02

For supplying the Terran fabs an easy fix would be a couple self sustaining complexes set to sell wares for cheap so that they keep the SSC forge filled. Not the most lucrative method, but credits are not too difficult to come by.

If you are worried about stations filling up like the ISR forge case, homebase a TS to the station set sell price to max and tell the TS to sell ware for best price. He will scoop up the wares deposited in the station seconds after they arrive. This means it will take a very very long time run out of space. I do this all the time with cheaper wares which fill up the storage quickly, like Wasp missiles (around 3.5hrs to fill up station storage). Using this method, it will take 2 weeks for an ISR forge to run out of storage space if you just use a basic Mercury.
Give me a mamba or give me death!

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 08:51

Bobucles wrote:Apparently X3 determines production runs using some sort of internal formula. If the item price is cleanly divisible, it will produce the smallest common denominator number of units per run. I don't know the exact math, but I've tweaked prices and have seen production runs of 24 items requiring several days.
Calculating factory consumption, storage, cycle times, etc, is well documented

Specifically this part:
1 Initially SMadePerCycle is set to = CEILING(60 / ProdPRV, 1)

2 SResourceUsedPerCycle = SMadePerCycle * ProdPRV / ResNRV
The ResourceUsedPerCycle are calculated for each resource,
but if any of these are not integers, the SMadePerCycle is incremented, until they all are.

An example of a lot of increments is with QuantumTube fabs, initial value 1 made/cycle gets
incremented to 24 made/cycle, since with 1/cycle the silicon usage/cycle is 1*100/96 = 1 & 1/24,
at 24 made/cycle usage is 25 silicon/cycle.

3 CycleTime (for all sizes of factories with this product, for a given race) = ProdPRV * SMadePerCycle (seconds)
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 15:19

Calculating factory consumption, storage, cycle times, etc, is well documented
sweet deal. That explains why storage values go up so quickly, it's due to the size factor being squared.

Is there any way to change those formulae, or is it hard coded?

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 17:28

Bobucles wrote:Is there any way to change those formulae, or is it hard coded?
The calculations are hard-coded, but the RELVAL used for the wares is not. The RELVALs affect the cycle time and storage sizes. By adjusting them, you might be able to 'fix' the resource problem.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

sjones25
x3tc

Post by sjones25 » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 18:17

As long as you can find one somewhere, you can clone it any number of times.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 20:26

em3e3 wrote:
Bobucles wrote:Is there any way to change those formulae, or is it hard coded?
The calculations are hard-coded, but the RELVAL used for the wares is not. The RELVALs affect the cycle time and storage sizes. By adjusting them, you might be able to 'fix' the resource problem.
Maybe. But the relationship between factory storage, required goods, construction time, and selling price is a bit of a tangled web. It's very difficult to change one thing without altering profit margins, production times, selling prices, material ratios, etc. It seems the simplest solution is to make the factory... larger! A factory with twice the size should have 4 times the storage, solving the problem without making TOO much of a mess. Then it's just a matter of tweaking factory prices to match. With a bulk discount, of course. :D

I've been playing around with this as a pet mod project. Hopefully I'll have enough time this weekend to get something published.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 20:49

Once you produce your own, and the resources required for manufacture, all of it becomes a moot point. Thats a lot of work just to change one factory, just to 'balance' one aspect to the game (Availability of NPC Terran weapons in an unaltered economy).

daimond
x3

Re: swc forge

Post by daimond » Sat, 1. Jan 11, 23:22

shaun bergin wrote:you can buy a forge atthe shipyard in TUS2
Do you mean Unknown Sector 2, for I can't seem to find the Shipyard?
Hurry up and take your time.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Tus2

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 14:44

shipyard is of the map in the northeast corner map the sector and u will find it

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”