Aldrin mission 1 is stuck...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Spoonikle
x3tc

Aldrin mission 1 is stuck...

Post by Spoonikle » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 17:08

well i made a big mistake.

i have no saves from a previous time that are not from a long time ago, because i didn't realize the issue until it was to late all auto saves are full of post glitch saves.

ok now to the problem.

i jumped to the unknown sector and started scanning asteroids, so far so good.

but out of no-ware the little purple bast*rds start poring in. first just a cluster then 3 clusters then god only knows how many m3's and m6's i had to bale out. big mistake.

i made a few stops at stations and got my m7 and made the jump, stupid me i forgot a scanner, jump back get a scanner... bale out because i don't have a collector. mistake 2. i get my elephant 14 fighters ready to go. start scanning enemy's jump in i launch keep scanning and what would you know.... i scanned 14 asteroids and the missions still saying to scan 10!! in between i was equipping ships doing all the normal crap, and so i don't have any old enough saves to restart... help... please...

do i have to use the baldric they give me?? because that would be impossible to many purple pew pews.
:evil:

is their anything i can do to maybe reset?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 21:25

There is a bug (or feature) that if you jump out of the first UFJ sector, you will be unable to complete the mission. SO once you engage the UFJD, that is it, you have to scan/mine in that sector, or you would not be able to complete the missionl.

Also, the Baldric (or whatever ship they give you) is not adequate to do this mission (it does not have an Ore Collector equipped). You would need a good M6 with mineral scanner/Special command SW and ore collector to do it safely, as most often than not, you will have to defend yourself. IIRC, in my recent games, I had to defend myself against 3 Qs.

Sorry, but I believe you will have to fall back to your most recent game save, before you accept the mission.
Last edited by VincentTH on Wed, 8. Dec 10, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 21:32

you could try delivering the 100 nividium thats required at the end of the missionline.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 21:44

Catra wrote:you could try delivering the 100 nividium thats required at the end of the missionline.
He could, but the scanning phase would never complete, so he would never get to the delivery phase. I know cuz the very thing he has, happened to me too :-)

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 22:03

VincentTH wrote:
Catra wrote:you could try delivering the 100 nividium thats required at the end of the missionline.
He could, but the scanning phase would never complete, so he would never get to the delivery phase. I know cuz the very thing he has, happened to me too :-)
scanning doesnt seem to matter

confirmation

theres also a few other points in some plots where you can skip steps and go straight to the end objective.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 22:09

Catra wrote:
VincentTH wrote:

confirmation
Looks like they have fixed it. Last time I played this mission, I think in 2.7, turning in the 100 nvidium was never the objective of the mission. I was stuck at the last roid.

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 22:14

VincentTH wrote:
Catra wrote:
VincentTH wrote:

confirmation
Looks like they have fixed it. Last time I played this mission, I think in 2.7, turning in the 100 nvidium was never the objective of the mission. I was stuck at the last roid.
and the OP of the confirmation link was also stuck at the last roid, turned in the nivvy and completed just fine.

Spoonikle
x3tc

Post by Spoonikle » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 22:17

ok, so where do i turn in the metal again. : P

thanks for the help i thought i was never gonna finish this mission, especially with that doom and gloom first reply.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 00:31

The funny thing is I was doing the Hub mission at the same time while doing this mission, and so I already mined a bunch of Nvidium for that part of the Hub plot. xD I turned those in instead, worked just fine.

The delivery should be made to the orbital defense base in Asteroid Belt, if I remember correctly.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”