Hyperion question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jackshyt
x3tc

Hyperion question

Post by Jackshyt » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 14:01

Hey guys, I'm a long time player coming back to X after a couple of years. I got x3tc when it came out bit I'm only really playing it now. I tried the search but couldn't find an answer to my questions.

The Hyperion that's toodling around paranoid space, is it the only one in the game and can it be capped? I've tried a couple of times with marines in a tp but haven't tried with an m7m yet.

Thanks

Jack
Oh look, I seem to at the bottom of a deep dark hole. That seems a familiar concept. What does it remind me of? Oh yes, now I remember, Life!

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 14:06

It can be capped, you probably will need the M7M to do it and even then you will need well trained marines. If the hyperion has internal defenses you might want to wait for one to show up that doesn't.

If you'r using the latest patch then it will be pretty hard, if you'r using 2.1 or earlier then it will be very easy.
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

xseriespadre
x3ap

Post by xseriespadre » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 14:29

the only hyperion i've found is an m6.. i was under the impression it was an m7 or higher :roll:
soo many experts in the world these days.. humbling isn't it.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 14:32

In X3R it's an M7, in TC it's an M6(+).

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 14:34

Probably M6+ now because it is still better than most M6s.

But yes it was a good ship in Reunion but has been nerfed,as usual , for TC.

If you want a real fast Hype,then a certain start will gift you one and there is a way to get a higher speed than originally gifted with.
See elsewhere on this forum for that info.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 15:20

There should be two Hyperion Vanguards that patrol around Paranid space.

Eternall_00
x3tc

Post by Eternall_00 » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 16:40

I just capped my first non-reward hype in my current game (3.0). Got it first attempt and no reloads. Here's how:

He was alone in empires edge, had hull polarizing, no lasers/antihacking.

I used a previously capped cobra with 2-3 star rines, lowest fiight skill was 49.

I also had a magnetar with CLS and special command software.

I dumped 20 mk1 drones and had them ordered to attack. This began to drop his shields very slowly.

I dumped 10 mk2 drones ordered to attack shields. When the hyperion was below 6% shields I launched 2 pods. The hyperion was tailing me just outside weapon range.

I began giving stop orders to the mk1's. When I heard the equalization message I ordered all drones in sector to follow the magnetar(drone retrieval).

6 marines captured the hype with no losses. I the ordered the magnetar to collect the 5 floating marines. There were no hostiles in sector to appologise to.

Result was a 74% hull and no equipment of note except for a jumpdrive, which was convenient.

Ozkar
x3tc

Post by Ozkar » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 18:14

I usually cap my Hypes in another M6. The most challenging time was when I used a Dragon, lol. If the Hype has no on board defenses, then 5 3* marines can do it, you may lose a couple though.
Give me a mamba or give me death!

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 18:29

I capped my first Hyperion after finishing the Terran plot, so naturally I used a Springblossom. Since then I've managed to take one using my Eclipse and a team of marines spacewalking over from my Iguana Vanguard. Hard, but fun.
Bobucles wrote:There should be two Hyperion Vanguards that patrol around Paranid space.
I've had more than 2 in the same sector, seems my universe like to populate with Hyps :-)

Jackshyt
x3tc

Post by Jackshyt » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 21:27

Thanks for the info. I'll be capping on of these bad boys as soon as possible. Actually I have searched and I only have 1 Hyperion vanguard in my game at the moment. Loved it in x3r.
Oh look, I seem to at the bottom of a deep dark hole. That seems a familiar concept. What does it remind me of? Oh yes, now I remember, Life!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”