Stuck at Earth Torus

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Oldman
x3tc

Stuck at Earth Torus

Post by Oldman » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 10:21

Hi! :)

I've just completed a mission (X3TC) which gave me access to the station in earth sector. I've read in some of the guides that there is a narrow passage after you undock from the station that you use to exit the station without being fired upon.
Could anybody explain in more detail how to do this please?

Oldman :)

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 10:30

1. Undock
2. Jump out.

If you really want to fly out, just head straight for the TOA (and don't use the autopilot).

Pirate hater
x2

Re: Stuck at Earth Torus

Post by Pirate hater » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 10:31

Oldman wrote:Hi! :)

I've just completed a mission (X3TC) which gave me access to the station in earth sector. I've read in some of the guides that there is a narrow passage after you undock from the station that you use to exit the station without being fired upon.
Could anybody explain in more detail how to do this please?

Undock and fly straight towards the gate.

Or you can undock and fly around earth. Both is fun.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 10:34

I use manual flight.

Target the gate and just fly directly to and through it.
Auto pilot usually kicks collission detection into play and sends you into forbiddien zones.So don't use it.

Don't forget your gift.

You might not ever return to the Torus,but if you are OOS you can have ships go to and from the Torus with no problem,usually.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 16:10

Don't worry - you get plenty of warning if you stray outside the zone. If that happens, turn around and head straight back to the Torus.

But any direct flight between the Torus and the TOA is 100% fine.

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 16:34

The Torus - Airport Security in Space
Sure glad I didn't purchase a new computer this release.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 18:47

TTD wrote:I use manual flight.

Target the gate and just fly directly to and through it.
Auto pilot usually kicks collission detection into play and sends you into forbiddien zones.So don't use it.

Don't forget your gift.

You might not ever return to the Torus,but if you are OOS you can have ships go to and from the Torus with no problem,usually.
Usualy.

First ship i lost in this game was the unique Advanced Discovered that was gifted. I lost it by having it dock OOS onto the torus. After that i have never ever sent any ships there before saving and keeping a closer eye on whats going on.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 18:53

:o Okay, I'll never send a ship to the Torus again!

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 19:02

Well it only happened once and has not repeated itself. This was in the early versions. No idea if that has any effect. Game was vanilla then by the way.

Nevertheless losing unique ships stings.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 20:28

Good news is that the Advanced Disco is a corporate reward too.

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 18:27

Hi! :)

Thanks for all the reply's folks, muchly appreciated :thumb_up:

Yep, tried flying straight for the Trans Orbital Accelerator without auto pilot, that works okay. Tried Jumping straight out of system just after undocking, that worked okay also. I'll try sending ships in and out (from OOS) thiough my 'gift' didn't seem to have any trouble getting out :wink:

One thing that begs a question though, is this the case with any missions or 'transit' in Earth sector?
In other words, whatever 'mission' or whenever I'm in Earth station Torus at ANY point in the game, will I have to use this form of 'exit' from the station?
What I'm curious about is why? :gruebel: , when in all other sector stations I've been in at the moment this doesn't seem to apply, I can undock and move my ship anywhere I like.
I can accept this as 'This is how it works in this station'....no problem with that, just wondered if there was any 'special' reason for it, if you get my drift. :wink: .....I can be much too curious for my own good sometimes! :D

Thanks once again,

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 18:31

Earth space is restricted by the Terrans, simple as that - you're only allowed in the safe area between the TOA and the docking ports.

I'm not sure if you can actually get missions from the Torus, I've never tried.

David Howland
x3tc

Reason for Teran security paranoia.

Post by David Howland » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 19:06

I have always presumed this was down to their interstella guilt over creating and then having to lock out the Xenon, if I had done this I would have precise security too.
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 19:44

See page B-26 of Encyclopedia.
Torus defense built in case of further Xenon attack.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”