Shield repair...how do I do it and how long does it take?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Michael Sheeler
x3

Shield repair...how do I do it and how long does it take?

Post by Michael Sheeler » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 22:29

I tried something, maybe foolish, but had to try...I fought and killed a Pirate Kea...and got my ship pretty blasted. The hull is back up to snuff but the shield indicator is at 17%.

How does one repair shield damage or does it repair over time anyway?

Thanks for any info on this.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 22:37

Hull damage can be repaired at a shipyard or(inTC) via your space suit.
Shields on the other hand,if fitted can take a little time to replenish itself.

If you lose you shields (hardware) during battle then go get another.
Some pilots carry a spare for such occassions.
Last edited by TTD on Fri, 10. Dec 10, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.

Tegger
x3tc

Post by Tegger » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 22:37

Your shield will regenerate over time on it's own.

The higher the shield regeneration power, the faster it regenerates.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 22:42

I think he's probably got the 2 confused. :P
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Michael Sheeler
x3

Post by Michael Sheeler » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 23:02

I do have them confused...it is the green indicator that is at 17%.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 23:09

Green=Hull. :)
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 23:27

Yike! Well, keep pummeling away with that repair laser. What ship are you in?

Michael Sheeler
x3

Post by Michael Sheeler » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 00:06

The Iguana Vanguard

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 00:09

Transports have relatively thick hulls. Be prepared to spend 10-15min repairing the ship.

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 00:29

You mean to say you took on a Pirate Kea in a personnel transport?! You got balls, dude.

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 00:30

Park your ship in a save sector and get out of it. Use the build-in repairlaser of your spacesuit to repair the hull-damage.

Put something heavy on your shooting/firing key (mostly CTRL on your keyboard). Maybe your cellphone or something that does not hit another key, but fixes your shooting/firing key.

Don't worry about the warning regarding "energy low". It does not matter. The repairbeam gets a little jumpy/unstable, but does his job like it is fully loaded.
Bobucles wrote:Transports have relatively thick hulls. Be prepared to spend 10-15min repairing the ship.
Yep, that is your timeframe. Time to read a newspaper, make coffee or smoke some cigarettes. I love repairlaser-breaks... ;-)
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Poisoned Paranid Start (X3TC): Take a joyride in a Hyperion Vanguard (250.3m/s)! VANILLA Updated 2012-04-02 (new mediafire link)

Michael Sheeler
x3

Post by Michael Sheeler » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 00:52

Repaired...thanks for the tip on laser repair while one reads the paper. I actually did it in short bursts...seemed quicker than the long burst till the energy was out and then wait to replenish. Anyhow...many thanks and now on with the walkthrough.

Sure wish I knew when I had enough of a reputation to get the PRG and the Docking Computer without having to travel to those stations only to find the items still in red. Oh..still having fun with it.

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 01:14

I have a hint for you regarding docking, if you do not own a docking computer. yet.

Use the comm.-system, request docking permission, but do not try to do the same thing as the autopilot (following the blinking lights). Simply rush to the docking hub and slow down to <50 m/s. Than you dock semi-automatic, as soon as your "nose" hits the spinning ball.

For your reputation (to get access for buying better equipment) make use of the "lamp" missions. Transport passengers from A to B. They have a high double-reward in the beginning. First they are very lucrative payed and second, they push your reputation.

...and do not use your Iguana Vanguard in fights. It is not really fit for fights. Better grab the Skate Prototype for fighting.
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Poisoned Paranid Start (X3TC): Take a joyride in a Hyperion Vanguard (250.3m/s)! VANILLA Updated 2012-04-02 (new mediafire link)

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 10:42

Fulgrymm wrote:You mean to say you took on a Pirate Kea in a personnel transport?! You got balls, dude.
Balls is an understatement, surviving an encounter like that takes skeelz!:-p Even with the IVs super speed over a standard Kea, I wouldn't choose to take that fight.

Michael Sheeler
x3

Post by Michael Sheeler » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 12:00

No balls...just couldn't back out once I engaged. Was lucky. Took my hull down to 17.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 21:29

Actually the Iguana Vanguard has 4 weapon mounts upfront, so with skillful piloting it's not impossible to defeat a lone M3. :P Kea is actually slower than the Iguana Vanguard, haha!

But I recommend you get a jump drive anyway, you can activate your jump drive in the middle of combat, so if you are in trouble just jump to a nearby sector. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”