Boosting Universe Economy while Cutting Down Xenon Traffic? :)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Simoom
x4

Boosting Universe Economy while Cutting Down Xenon Traffic? :)

Post by Simoom » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 20:41

Everyone configures the Hub differently and I know some people use it to "hop" over Xenon sectors. The problem with that is it doesn't necessarily boost trading since you could otherwise create much better shortcuts across the universe to shorten freighter routes.

I am working on a concept here that should accomplish both goals (cutting down Xenon traffic while boosting economy by creating shortcuts) - let me know what you think. :D

Gate Set 1:
Terran Unknown Sector 3 (E) <----> Xenon Sector 598 (E)

Explanation:
Gate 1A effectively isolates the Xenon sector east of TUS3, which seems to be VERY active (at least in my game) and constantly sends Q's, J's, and K's through the gate. This also creates a shortcut to Aldrin & Neptune, both of which are just 3 jumps away.
Gate 1B isolates the entire Xenon cluster (Xenon Sector 627, Xenon Core 023, and Xenon Sector 695), which includes a Shipyard, thus hampering the Xenon ability to send reinforcements out from this part of the map (I confirmed that when Xenons are under attack, the Shipyard is where new Xenon ships continuously spawns. Yes, Xenon sectors that don't have shipyards will spawn ships as well, but most of the time nothing bigger than Q's). This also conveniently creates trading shortcuts to the entire eastern half of the universe, as well as lower-mid (Ocean of Fantasy is only 4 jumps away, Queen's Retribution 6 jumps, Cardinal's Domain 7 jumps). As for Xenon Sector 598 itself, I plan on patrolling the hell out of it with a large fleet of M2's :P ). The last added bonus? The player-owned sector is just 3 jumps away!

Gate Set 2:
Nopileo's Memorial (S) <---> Wherever

Explanation:
Gate 2A isolates Xenon Sector 101, which contains a shipyard. I don't typically see much Xenon activity emerging out from this sector, but sealing it off doesn't hurt. The main thing is this creates a trading shortcut to the entire western side of the map (Argon Prime 7 jumps, Paranid Prime 6 jumps, Third Redemption 3 jumps, Great Reef 9 jumps).

So, with only 3 of the 6 gates, you would effectively isolate 5 Xenon sectors, 2 of which contain shipyards (and one of which seems to pull J's and K's out of vacuum without a shipyard), while conveniently linking Aldrin/Neptune to Commonwealth space, as well as linking large parts of both eastern and western halves of the Commonwealth territories, not to mention creating a shortcut to your own sector where you can now centralize most of your commercial productions - both Terrans and Commonwealth races have access to your space in 3 jumps!

The remaining 3 gates can be used to do whatever - either creating additional shortcuts (Kingdom End / Depth of Silence are two areas that are still a bit far with the 3-gates setup, so additional shortcuts can be created), or you can use them to seal off additional Xenon space (the ones bordering Getsu Fune and Menaleus' Paradise are both very active, or you could seal off Xenon Sector 472 - although that sector seems fairly quiet even though it has a shipyard)

Feedbacks welcome! :D

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 20:44

Gates are in pairs so there are only 3 connections possible not 6.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 21:39

Oh? I thought each gate can be configured independently when you finish the Hub plot. :/

So basically the Hub just inserts itself between two gate pairs is all?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 22:10

3 gate pairs, but yes.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 22:30

Yes - when you link the HUB sector to the X-verse it inserts itself between two existing sectors. So, you could put your sector between Argon Prime and The Wall, so people flying from one to the other would pass through your HUB sector.

Effectively, you can only have three "connections" to the X-verse map.

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 00:29

I am sorry to dissappoint you (just like the others before me), but Xenon will always and ever respawn. That seems to be a hardcoded part of the game. So it will be a useless mission, trying to keep them away. Maybe one or two sectors can be cleaned (already done by some players) for a while (with random respawns), but it will be a quest of infinity... :-(

The easy way is simply to stay away from sectors, where Xenon spawn or travel. For example PTNI is the final frontier for my factories&complexes. The left out part of the universe (eastern sectors starting from Green Scale) is taboo, even for any of my freighters.

And btw. you can not shut down a gate pair and create a one way/dead end/circle. The gates always use a gate of one sector and the counter gate of the other sector, you hot wire it to. :-(
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Poisoned Paranid Start (X3TC): Take a joyride in a Hyperion Vanguard (250.3m/s)! VANILLA Updated 2012-04-02 (new mediafire link)

garv222

Post by garv222 » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 01:40

I've also seen xenon jump into sectors randomly. I had a decent production center in the area between montalaar... and that teladi sector. Most people know is avarice I think as well from X3R. I was monitoring montalaar and there was no activity, but several m6 and about a dozen fighters jumped into the unknown sector out of nowhere. If I didn't have several frigates and a large network of laser towers to slow them down, they could have very easily wrecked the entire operation and ended that sector's usefulness to me. This has happened twice already.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 04:55

I actually read somewhere that the Hub can be used (as an exploit) to shut down sector gates, and it had to do with pointing a Hub gate at the gate you want to shut down, then pointing it to itself. Hence I thought each gate (Gate 1A, 1B, etc.) can be configured independently once the plot is complete. :P

Ah well, back to the drawing board while waiting for my Microchips to finish.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 05:12

That was fixed in one of the patches a long time ago... You would have read about it in one of NUKLEAR SLUG's DiD adventures (the first one I think).

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 06:06

One sure way to cut down on Xenon traffic is a good old fashioned rampage :D Just gather a nice fleet of M2s and M7s and hop into the Xenon sectors for some fun every once in a while. That should keep them at bay nicely. 8)

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 16:08

If memory serves Apricotslice put a very long post up on his forum about how to exactly what you are trying Simoon. I'm searching for it but have come up blank so far.

Anyone else recall seeing this?

Edit: Found it!

http://apricotmappingservice.com/X3foru ... +gates+hub

Edit 2: grrr, just spotted vr01s post, this no longer works then?

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 20:50

Kirlack wrote:If memory serves Apricotslice put a very long post up on his forum about how to exactly what you are trying Simoon. I'm searching for it but have come up blank so far.

Anyone else recall seeing this?

Edit: Found it!

http://apricotmappingservice.com/X3foru ... +gates+hub

Edit 2: grrr, just spotted vr01s post, this no longer works then?
Correct, pretty sure it was fixed way back in v1.4

**EDIT**

Based on the timing of the posts and patch releases, it may have actually been fixed in v2.0 ...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”