{X3:R} Carriers/TL launching fighters.... reg. ships launching drones...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SpidaFly
x3tc

{X3:R} Carriers/TL launching fighters.... reg. ships launching drones...

Post by SpidaFly » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 10:33

Hi,

Actually I have a bunch of questions, not just what's in the topic line:

1. If I'm in a regular ship with drones in my cargo bay, is there any way to launch them *other* than pressing "f" and double clicking to eject them?

2. If I'm in a carrier or TL, how do I launch all of my fighters at once? If I set them as wingmen to my carrier, will they remember to be wingmen when they undock

3. Also, I just downloaded GMS in the bonus pack, and I'm trying to figure out how exactly to use it. Making a leader seems pretty self explanatory, but I'm confused about when adding other ships to the group. It doesn't make sense to me. Also, when I add ships to that group and dock them in my carrier, will they remember to be grouped so I can tell them all to assist me at once?

4. In every ship's command panel there are two "additional commands" that look like they can be customized... where can i find the key bindings for those?

5. What software will make a non-UT/ST freight ship launch drones in defense? If this is impossible, do CAGs launch drones in defense?
Last edited by SpidaFly on Tue, 14. Dec 10, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.

xavierd

Re: {X3:R} Carriers/TL launching fighters.... reg. ships launching drones...

Post by xavierd » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 11:16

1. Don't think so without scripts
2. Select a ship docked at your carrier and tell it to "broadcast to my docked ships"
3. Never used it, sorry
4. Afaik they're for scripts

SpidaFly
x3tc

Post by SpidaFly » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 11:27

2. Select a ship docked at your carrier and tell it to "broadcast to my docked ships"
Does such a command only direct to ships docked at the target's current station? That has always confused me. (Honestly I haven't - with freighters and such - tried it in case it confused all my UTs/station traders).
xavierd wrote:4. Afaik they're for scripts
That's what confuses me... I can click in them to execute certain commands (from the bonus pack for example), but, other commands can be clicked and remain in the "slot". If i want to execute it, I click on it, and it takes me back to the selection list. Very confusing.

xavierd

Post by xavierd » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 21:45

SpidaFly wrote:Does such a command only direct to ships docked at the target's current station?
Broadcast will give the command to all ships matching the class filter that are at the broadcasting ship's environment. Docked ships will only broadcast to ships docked at that station/carrier, flying ships only broadcast to other flying ships in that sector.
SpidaFly wrote:That's what confuses me... I can click in them to execute certain commands (from the bonus pack for example), but, other commands can be clicked and remain in the "slot". If i want to execute it, I click on it, and it takes me back to the selection list. Very confusing.
What they do depends on the script itself, and you'll get more help over in S&M

jlehtone
x4

Re: {X3:R} Carriers/TL launching fighters.... reg. ships launching drones...

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 23:51

SpidaFly wrote:5. What software will make a non-UT/ST freight ship launch drones in defense? If this is impossible, do CAGs launch drones in defense?
AFAIK, it [launch drones] is the default action of all TS ships [but no other class] that are under attack. The CAG/CLS do buy more drones, so they don't run out of their defences: fighter drones are consumables.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”